22s on my Escape

Silver Member
Username: Mercsable

Kalamazoo, MI USA

Post Number: 176
These are the 22s I just put on my 05 ford escape.

Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Explictx

Glen Burnie, Maryland USA

Post Number: 359
nice man looks good

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1286
Looks good. You are upgrading brakes right? Do you have the 4 cylinder or 6? AWD or FWD?

Kevin

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 577
those look damn clean. good rim choice.

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 630
At first I sighed when I read Escape but now I think it looks nice man.

Silver Member

Kalamazoo, MI USA

Post Number: 177
Its a V6 AWD..Ill be uprgrading my brakes soon as well. Any advice on what brakes to get?

Silver Member
Username: M0nkeyman692

Post Number: 313
hahahha that totally changes my mind on escapes haha. i thought it would be impossible to pimp those out.. i was wondering. with bigger wheels that would decrease the pick-up of the car and increase the top speed... right? and also would it affect the speedometer

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1534
i love the look of that...never thought an escape could look so cool...

just get any brakes with huge rotors (obviously 4 wheel discs)

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 2640
that looks sweeeeeeeeeeeet oh my god

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 2641
send a link for those!!

Silver Member

Kalamazoo, MI USA

Post Number: 178
I think the pick up is just as good, I havent noticed any loss in acceleration. I just bought them brand new off ebay with tires. I wasnt even sure if 22s would fit but they dont even rub

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Mid town, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 756
what color is the escape? its hard to tell with the lighting

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Mid town, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 757
oh ya and it looks real clean lol

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2412
i dig it man

Silver Member

Kalamazoo, MI USA

Post Number: 180
Its a dark gray, almost like gunmetal. sorry its not a very good pic, its the only 2 I have for now. I want to take one at night in a parking lot, that would be pretty bad i think.

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1288
Grab some brembo brakes. At least a 13 inch rotor. Since AWD, you shouldn't have a tranny problem. Good choice.

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: B101

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4330
"I think the pick up is just as good, I havent noticed any loss in acceleration." Craig

that just made no sense at all... you lost speed bro. also increased stomping distance, its called physics! take the class...

the added weight will also shorten the life of the drivetrain, differential gearing is key for bigger diameter wheels, so you just changed your overall final gear ratio also...

looks good none the less... how many inches taller is it sitting up?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2752
That's a trip the paint is gray cuz it looks almost lime green in the pics. Those wheels look sharp on that Escape and I don't even like big wheels usually. I would throw some Baer brakes on there or like Kevin said some Brembo's.

Silver Member

Kalamazoo, MI USA

Post Number: 182
I dont know B, youre the physics major, you probably know geometry as well so you tell me how much taller it is.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4334
I did not major in Physics, but its a requirement to have a major these days, for good reason! Phys 1&2 is as far as i have ventured... good stuff, Basically has alot to do with Electronics, which was my major...

but im into cars more than audio, and most work will be in your differentials setup up front and in the back... its just alot more weight for the tranny to get them moving up to speed... try swapping your differentials for tall gears... it will increase/help your get up and go, but it will have your rpms a little higher, keeping the engine in its powerband... however hwy mileage may decrease some...

however i doubt you got the cash to switch differentials... anyways, get some bigger rotors and breaks for that thing 1st!!

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4633
They look kinda small for 22s but they look nice that's for sure.

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1290
B, you do realize that this SUV is FWD base correct? Therefore, switching gears will not make a huge difference. With it being a AWD vehicle on a FWD base, the car will not have much issue with rolling on 22's. What may need to be done is a lil bigger valve body in the tranny to allow for more fluids and cooling. You can grab a tuner form SCT and help with your shifting and speeds which I would recommend.

B, it is also brakes, not breaks :-)

Kevin

Silver Member

Kalamazoo, MI USA

Post Number: 184
"I think the pick up is just as good, I havent noticed any loss in acceleration."

That was what I said..I havent noticed a difference, sure mathematically it may affect the acceleration, but not enough for me to notice. And although they look small they are 22's..I measured.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4635
Craig those wheels look great on there don't get me wrong and they don't look small either they look big but I was just sayin to me they don't look like 22s and what's nice is that it looks like you got a bit of tire on there too,most people have like super low profile tires and then hit a bump or pot-hole and they're f ucked lol.

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1299
Fo sho Rob. Craig, are they 245/35's? Or what size tire ya got? Always good to have rubber :-)

Kevin

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 665
those rims look kinda small for 22's. dey look like 20's.

Silver Member

Kalamazoo, MI USA

Post Number: 185
Oh well they are are 265/35..Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 4639
That picture doesn't work lol.You have to show where you started the tape measure as well if you're trying to show us properly but...the 11'' mark looks right in the center of the wheel and that picture wasn't necessary lol.I wasn't saying they weren't 22s I was just stating that they look small on there for whatever reason.

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1303
LMAO!! Yall c'mon now, they are 22's. You got 22x8's all around?

Kevin

Silver Member

Kalamazoo, MI USA

Post Number: 186
The wheel was too MASSIVE to be able to hold the tape measure and the camera and get the whole thing in. haha. Yeah, theyre the same all around. I was told today that I should lower it as well, but honestly I think its as tight as it can get without rubbing, atleast in the front.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us