Rockford Fosgate

Bronze Member
Username: Mfgirbaud05

Post Number: 28
ok should i get this 12" Rockford Fosgate RFR3112 which is 1000 Watts RMS (2000 Peak) or should i get two 12" Rockford Fosgate HX2 RFD2212 which are 500 Watts RMS each. would the two 12" hit harder than the one 12" (1000 watt rms). i want whatever gots more bass. let me know what you would recomend.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
would there be a big difference between the 1000 Watt RMS RF 10" and the 1000 Watt RF 12" ?

The 10" only costs $159.99
and the 12" costs $224.99

would the dif between the two speakers be worth $65 ? or would i be better off getting one of those 10".. or go with the two 12" 500 Watt RMS RF.... or the 12" 1000 watt RMS RF.

10" RF Subwoofer (1000 Watt RMS) - $159.99
12" RF Subwoofer (1000 Watt RMS) - $224.99
Two 12" RF Subwoofers (500 Watt RMS each) - $199.99

out of those three speakers what would you recomend.remember i only really care for whatever bumps the most.

someone
Unregistered guest
I would get the two Punch Hx2's over the one Power Hx2. You can also get them off Ebay alot cheaper.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 148
I would go with 2 rockford's rather than one. A 10" sub will give you fast response bass (ie: rock, punk, metal, classic) A 12" sub will give you deeper bass (ie: Rap) Its up to you. I do suggest EBAY you could probably save some buck's.

Username: Germanguy

Post Number: 9
Agree....also regarding the size I think a 12" is beautiful for nearly everything, or just the best compromise if your taste covers a lot of categories. In my oppinion 10" is only nessesary for realy fast stuff like techno & gabba, or if you just can't fit proper 12" enclosures. At size 15" you should start to worry if you listen to anything else than hiphop:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
yea all i do is listen to rap so you think that i should get these two 15" RF subs 500 watts RMS for $87.00 each ? but they are dual 4 ohms and the amp im gonna get is 1000 watts RMS x 1 @ 2 ohms and i dont think you can wire two dual 4 ohm subs into a 2 ohm load. so what you think i should do ?

Post Number: 10
show me the guy who needs TWO 15" subs !!!!

I mean we are still talking about a car. If you have an excellent strong 15" speaker powered by a powerful amp as you said, you will never EVER get to listen to it at max. volume (not close). but of course your car audio dealer will think different about that.
also I doubt you will find any sub close to the term good for just 87$ (even on ebay), except it's a private person who doesn't know better.

so don't worry about wiring two speakers, better get one good one, but don't expect it to be below 500$ otherwise you wasted the money on a fine amp that can put out 1000 clean watts.

Bronze Member
Username: Cainer

Camberley, Surrey England

Post Number: 59
hey german guy.... euro 2004 starts soon, see you in the final mate,
3 lions on his shirt... 5-0

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
you wish !!!
your group makes me confident that england can actually make it to the next round.
germanys condition at the moment gives me some worries, but our first game against holland will hopefully provide answers if we are still able to reach the cup. anyway, a final between germany and england would be great....but....if we make it that far...watch out lions !!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Cainer

Camberley, Surrey England

Post Number: 62
yeah weve only got france to deal with in our group but your group looks a bit open GermanGuy, holland and the czech republic could both do well as can germany, i guess its down to who plays best on the day.. good luck to you and your lot GermanGuy i want the final to be between us and you,
cheers mate

Dan Kazurskis
Unregistered guest
So you guys suggest a single 15 incher for rap? My amp puts out 500 W at 4 ohms, still looking for sub though...

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 158
Yeah, 15" or 2 12" for rap. If you get one 15" make sure its a good one like a JL, RF, Kicker or something. With 500w is that a RMS rating or a Max power rating. There is a big differance.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us