What subs should i use.

Kenwa
Unregistered guest
Ok i already have all of these subs im just not sure which ones would be the best to use. They are:
2 MA audio P100xL 10"s(500 watts RMS each),
1 rockford fosgate punch power DVC 12"(Huge sub, dont know wattage),
1 MA audio synergy series 12"(1000 watts RMS),
2 audiobahn natural excusion 10"s(450 watts RMS each)
OR last but not least 2 Kicker solo baric L7 10"s

Please let me know which of these would be the loudest(SQ is really no matter to me), and a good cheap amp to push the sub/subs with

Bronze Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 42
I would use the 2 Kicker Solo Baric 10" subs. They pound really nice and are pretty loud. Just put a little less han the RMS power to them or the terminals will break off. If you have room put them in a big ported box tuned to about 30hz. www.kicker.com has the tech manuals you will need to make the right box for them.

Kenwa
Unregistered guest
Those are the subs i was thinking also but then i read on here that the square design puts more pressure on the surround so they dont last as long as traditional round subs, is this true? If this is true out of the other subs what would you recomend?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
Yea that is true but you said you already have all of these subs so those are the ones I would use. I wouldn't worry to much about the surround, but if you don't want to tear up those subs then sell those L7's. Try the 2 MA Audio P100xL then.

Kenwa
Unregistered guest
I basically want a system that will give me allot of bass but still hold up and last for quite awhile. And given the subs you choose could you reccomend a decent amp thats pretty cheap?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
Get a Rockford Fosgate 1001bd amp if you can afford it. But if you want a cheap amp to get ya started then get a Profile CL600M. They are around $170.

Kenwa
Unregistered guest
That amp will not be enough wattage will it? since the MA audio subs have an RMS of 500 watts each?

Username: Jeanious2004

Texas USA

Post Number: 6
To get a clear loud bass. GET THE JL Audio 13W7 ($800) and 1 JL Audio 1000/1 Amp ($1000). And 2Gaugue kit ($75). And trust me, 1 13W7 will beat 4 12's that are Rockford, Audiobahn, or any.

The 13W7 will give you a REAL 1500watt feel. And it will knock your windows out.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
The Profile won't be enough wattage but you said you just needed a cheap amp. Save your money and get the Rockford amp.

Kenny
Unregistered guest
what about the prfile CA2000 i think it is?

Kenny
Unregistered guest
Im not buying subs i already have a bunch, and i dont want JL if i was buying.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us