RE SX any good?

Bronze Member
Username: Mateao234

Post Number: 59
im looking into 2 18" RE SX's and was wondering if they are any good or if i should go up to the MX or MT's. thanks for any input.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team Revolution

Post Number: 8917
Very good subs. Depends what kind of power you have. But you should be fine with SX's

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
ok, the only thing is the box, i doubt ill be able to get 2 in my car, ive heard they suck in sealed so ported optimal needs an 8 cubic ft box, thats huge

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 9733
You have options in design. Try decreasing the actual size and compensate will poly.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team Revolution

Post Number: 8918
If this is your first system, you will not need 2 18's. I suggest 1 15, or 2 12's. If you have never heard sx's, you have no idea how loud they get.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
its not my first system, although it is my first RE system, i used to have 2 12" L7s. infinity reference, and now i have some P.O.S. volfenhags as of a lack of funds lol. but i have some kids wanting to buy the 15" volfenhags for 500 in a sealed box so more power to them, thats why im getting the SX's. ill probabally go with 2 15s untill i get my parents durango then ill just take the back apart to fit the bigger boxes. any how do i do poly in a ported? wont it blow out?

Gold Member

Post Number: 9735
Tack it down. I've used carpet padding and stapled it b4 with good results. If you use poly then tack the corners and keep it away from the ports.

You're getting $500 for the Volfs? You should feel guilty lol.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
i do, but in the box they are in, they arent horrible sounding, and they really like them so...yeah, and im thinking about 2 15"s that need a 4 cu. ft box and bumping it to 3 cu. ft with alot of fill

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
well i do fell pretty bad considering i paid 150 shipped for both of them and 60 for the box lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
new question, if i am running a 1200w system now with the lights flickering, ill for sure need to upgrade my electrical with a 2000w rms system, what all will i need to do, alternator, big 3, cap, new battery? or just a couple of them. i dont want to pump a whole lot into that because i dont know how long ill have this car. thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 9738
Ditch the cap. Alt, bat, big three almost a requirement. No substitute for ample charging.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Im just light up my......

Post Number: 2762
welll theres no point in investing is an HO alt if you dont know how long youll have the car... just buy a couple batts and do the big three and you should be alright with your gains watched
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us