Amp wiring problems.

Kenny
Unregistered guest
I am trying to wire up an amp and on the instructions for the amp wiring kit it said to connect the blue remote wire to the power antenna wire which came off of my cd player. I did this and the amp wont turn on. I tested the power cable running from the battery to the amp and it is hot at the amp so i know im good there but i dont know what the problem is?

Bronze Member
Username: Hairball

City of Angels

Post Number: 59
is there another wire coming from your head unit labeled remote turn on, or something like that? it's usually blue, i think. but, it should work the way you did it first. otherwise, search some other threads, GlassWolf suggested connecting to the ignition wire or another one, forget which.

Kenny
Unregistered guest
The wire i connected too was blue also.

Anonymous

just run it to the fuse box. Then you should get a GOOD connection.

Kenny
Unregistered guest
how do i connect it there?

Anonymous

just find a fuse that goes to the door buzzer or the Stereo fuse. Pull out the fuse stick the wire in the fuse hole and put the fuse back in.

Silver Member
Username: Soccer

Post Number: 116
I think it was Glass who said earlier that some antenna feeds only supply 5 volt DC, instead of the necessary 12 to feed the amp's remote connection. Turn up the system and check with a multimeter the tension between ground and remote connection at the amp, if it is 5 volt Dc, you'll have to choose another feed from the HU.
Enjoy

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3210
the remote wire is what tells the amplifier to turn on.
connect a wire from the remote connection of the amp to the REM or PWR_ANT wire of the head unit.

Kenny
Unregistered guest
I had the wire connected to the power antenna and it didnt work and i didnt see an REM wire.

Silver Member
Username: Soccer

Post Number: 125
That's because your HU only supplies 5 volt Dc to the antenna...
Check another blue striped wire from the HU.

Kenny
Unregistered guest
I hooked the wire to the red power wire of the cd player and everything seems to work fine, is this ok? There is no other blue wire.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3243
that's fine.
that's an ignition line.

Kenny
Unregistered guest
Ok, thanks for your help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts