Midbass speaker proper placement/application question for GlassWolf

ple
Unregistered guest
Glass,
"
my best suggestion is look at a company like Morel, at their component midbass 6.5" drivers..
slap a pair of those in back.. they'll give amazing bass response for the size, and with no tweeter, they won't ruin your front sound stage.
use passive filters for those midbass drivers, with low-pass 2nd order (12dB/octave) XO frequencies of about 3KHz.
that'll make those 6.5" dedicated midbass drivers that will roll off naturally to the subs when you add those. "

I was thinking of adding a pair of midbass 6.5 in the back i.e. Peerless CsX or Adire Koda, but I was going to band-limited to the the midbass range ( 70-~500 Hz).
I have a couple of questions for your statement above:
1. If you Low pass with the XO at 3-4Khz, wouldn't that be the same as the midrange driver s in the doors? Or should I have the XO at around 1000Hz or less?
2. Does what I plan to do make sense, if what I want to do is to have the midbass drivers play in the midbass range?

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3189
midbass drivers are designed to produce lower frequencies than a midrange in a component set.
you can play with the crossover points and put them where ever you like them though

ple
Unregistered guest
Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us