Noise when changing tracks

Username: Rlink86

Norristown, PA USA

Post Number: 5
Hi, I get a popping noise in the speakers and sub when i change tracks on a cd or when i change a cd. The people at tweeter said that it wont hurt the system, but to me it's annoying.I have an alpine cd5444 head unit. If you have the volume at 30 or at 1 the noise is still the same. I was figuring it was that something is not wired right, or some wires are touching each other or something. It never used to do this and this hu is only about 2 months old.So if anone knows what this is please give feedback. Thanks

Unregistered guest
Did you ever work this out? It seems every Eclipse unit I have used has hiss until you go to 0 volume, etc.

JeremyC
Unregistered guest
If your getting a hiss with an eclipse you need to upgrade your rca's or run them down the opposite side of your car from the power wire. As for your problem with the alpine, what does the rest of your system consist of. The alpine its self shouldn't be causing the problem unless it is defective. However there is always that chance. If you really think it is the deck, take it back to were you purchased it and have them swap it out. Any good car stereo place should do this, even if it is just to narrow down were it is comming from.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us