Good News and Bad News

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1238
Well the good news is, turns out there is absolutely nothing wrong with my memphis mcd1000. The bad news are, either my battery or alt have crapped out i didn't check the voltage yet ,but i know that it was going into protect because the voltage was too low. I had my friend bring his suv over and i hooked up the amp in his truck and it played like a champ. Then I borrowed my friends 200 watt Rockford amps and hooked it up to one of my Eclipse subs and it did the same thing. So im sure its my battery or alt well atleast im happy that i dont need to buy another amp.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1662
If you have a DMM, you can find out if its the alt or the batt. Test the batt first with the car off. Then test it with it on. If the voltage at the batt drops with the car on then yeah its your alt. You can also test it right at the alt with the car on, Put the positive from the DMM on the alt positive and find a good ground to put the negative from the dmm on. The voltage should be in the 13.5v-14.4v range.

When my alt crapped out my battery was at 12.9v with car off and with it on it was at 12.3v. I checked the alt and it too was at 12.3v

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 1241
Thanks for the advice Jesse well hope its the battery cus a new battery is cheaper than a new alt

Silver Member
Username: Explictx

Glen Burnie, Maryland USA

Post Number: 350
Ouch man sorry to hear.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6446
That's not always true. A good battery could cost $150+. A used alternator can be below $150.
Either way, it'll cost you.

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 1242
yeah its gonna cost me oh well im thinking about just going ahead and replacing both

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 839
look into some batcaps im runnin a batcap 2000 and a stock bat with a 235ho alt and a massive p3000.1 on it and it neve goes under 13 volts

http://www.batcap.net/2000.html

i got it for 150
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us