Solo x 18

Username: Basebalz13

Post Number: 1
what do yall think of a solo x 18 and what size box do i need its in the back of a cougar hifonics xxv goliath pushing it 5000 rms 10000 peak thanks david

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4592
That's not a very good idea.Sure initially it sounds cool and all...the thought of a massive subwoofer in a small vehicle but I wouldn't recommend it.The size of box you'd need for that sub is HUGE to keep it simple,I owned one myself and the box was pretty big but I had it installed in an Astro van but the box and sub together probably weighed between 225-300 pounds.The Solo X weights 100 pounds all by itself.Then even if you do get the sub and enclosure installed you have to worry about electrical.You'd need a big alternator and a decent amount of batteries with quite a bit of wiring to support 5000 watts RMS.Then you'd still need an amp for your speakers and not to mention the normal current demands of the vehicle.I'd look into 2 12'' subs for that vehicle,maybe even 2 15s but fitting them in there wouldn't be too easy.Here's a link to my old setup,it's improved a bit from that setup.

http://www.putfile.com/th3pwn3r/images/97912

That should give you an idea of the size of enclosure you'll need,of course it doesn't need to be exactly that size but it's a rough idea.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1275
^^^ *zing*

Kevin

Username: Basebalz13

Post Number: 2
hey thanks rob this is what i have so far solo x 18, hifonics xxv goliath amp, kicker 1/0 dual amp wire kit, 2 3 farad spl capacitors, hifonics hfeq 1/2 din equalizer 4 band, hifonics hfx crossover, kicker sx900.4 amp, 4 1" kx25 kicker tweeters, 4 pioneer 4-ways, 2 gel 1000 cranking amp batteries i just need to build a box ive built about 10 bexes now havent had a problem with any of them but i just cant find out how big it needs to be thanks everyoner for your help

Gold Member

Post Number: 4617
D-Money contact me on AIM at Getripped84 and we'll go over your entire setup.If not I'll give you my phone number and explain everything you need to know and that will probably be much faster than me typing everything out although I type quite a few WPM(Words Per Minute).

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 9711
Lol. Been typing myself for years on computers. I'm still a hunt and peck typer. Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 4623
It's all about the hand-eye coordination and finger placement FTMFW.

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 379
home row ftmfw

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 9712
"It's all about the hand-eye coordination and finger placement FTMFW.

But some of the best/fastest typists don't even look at the keyboard. I'd never be able to do that lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4630
"But some of the best/fastest typists don't even look at the keyboard. I'd never be able to do that lol."

That's the idea...you keep your eyes on the screen and hands on the board.Hence the hand-eye coordination.

Bronze Member
Username: Evoixmr

Post Number: 88
It makes it easir when drunk cause thers two of evrything. haha

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 338
I used to do computer programming and web publishing. I remember being timed around 130 some wpm with one error. Then I didn't touch a computer for about a year or two..
I still have conversations with people in the room or watch tv as I'm typing though- it's all about practice. And when you train yourself to stop looking is when you'll improve :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us