Decient Amp Brands...

Username: Bishtikal

Post Number: 5
I am looking to buy an amp for a system. I only wanna stick to good brand names. What are some good brands that wont run me into 800$ amps? and some sites to get some good prices on?

Joey
Unregistered guest
Hifonics Brutus amps are good sub amps. You can get them off Ebay pretty cheap.

Username: Bishtikal

Post Number: 6
what about kicker, rockford, jbl, lighting audio, cobra, phoenix gold, orion, soundstream.... how do these rank on a quality list?

Joey
Unregistered guest
Kicker, Rockford, Jbl, Jl audio, Orion all have great amps. As for the others you listed I'm not sure about. Jbl has powerful amps for great prices.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3183
http://p079.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=27.topic

Bronze Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 24
in that post it says some new RF products are questionable. what do you think about the new Punch series Amps? Im looking at the P3001 and P3002.

-Duff

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3187
they're "ok"

Bronze Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 25
are they not worth the price anymore. ive always known that RF is the best amps u can buy pretty much. anyway i have a question in another post called amp problems... if u could help Glass that would be awsome.

Thanks for everything

-Duff

stupidrsx
Unregistered guest
I am of the opinion that most of the old school names are crap now. A LOT of them are made in china and back in the day they used to made in the good old US or UK.
I just bought an old school 98 series punch 75.2 and 55.2 off ebay , new in the box, for less than 3 bills. Those are great amps. These are pre hifi buys amps , made in the US. Now I am thinking four channel is the way to go. I would consider MTX , they are made in the US and are affordable. I would think they still have quality stuff. The new clarion pro audio amp looks great but i have no idea where it is made or how it is made, trying to get more info on that one.
DLS amps are great, not sure where they are made but the construction quality of the main amp board is awesome. I have some pics i can toss online. Then you have tru and brax, again top notch stuff. Zapco is awesome, made in the US and phoenix gold is killer too. Those are my pics, YMMV.

Bronze Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 44
RF are definately not the best amps out there, they're more mediocre now. JL Audio, Zapco, PPI, Orion, Phoenix Gold are some of the better amps out there right now. MTX is pretty good, better than Fosgate. Are you looking for sub amps or amps for components?

Username: Chriscarpenter

Post Number: 3
I'm fairly certain that I purchased an RF amp and RF subs recently, and I have absolutely nothing to complain about. For the price it's simply amazing. But whatever you need to think.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us