"The Bastrop Boom Box Busters"

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 800
Here's a news artice that was in my town's paper the other day. Several of my friends have been pulled over.

http://bastropenterprise.com/articles/2007/08/29/news/news22.txt

Silver Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

SSD Wangin, Shawano, Wis... USA

Post Number: 903
"if we can hear it outside your car its too loud" LOL

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1374
u must live in a small town,shouldnt they have bigger things to worry about like crackheads,robberies,murders,ect ect?

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 311
mmm fines are pretty stiff here. I can see where it's really irritating for people to play music in city limits, but I've seen/heard of some pretty rediculous tickets (heard some sound with the windows up etc). Oh well.
Actually there was a similar article to that establishing a stricter noise ordinance here a few months ago. Only construction noise can be heard, and only between 8am and 10pm or something like that.

Silver Member

Post Number: 312
You can hear someone playing bass real loud, but walk up to dealer and it's profiling...
Plus dealers are normally smarter/harder to catch. And murderers are more speciallized too. They have to get revenue to pay to take down the crackheads, and that's stupid speeding tickets and the like.

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 144
HAHA that sound like my neighbors lol. Every now and then i get some blocked number that calls and says if they hear it again there gonna call the cops. One guy called and told my dad if they hear it again there gonna chase me down and rip me out my car. still lmfao...

Silver Member

Post Number: 801
Sad thing is, 3 days ago I wen down one of those neighborhoods with the signs in it with my music up a little bit. I just noticed the signs today. I'll be expecting a ticket pretty soon in the mail.

Silver Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

2 RE8s,PG Xenon 400.1, New Numbers ...

Post Number: 852
i would fight a ticket sent thru the mail, unless it had a clear picture of ME in the car

Bronze Member
Username: Trevor_r

Bastrop, L.A Us

Post Number: 19
lol i live 4 minutes away from nick v and i already got a ticket!!!!!! 130 dollas they had a peice of sh!t radio shack db meter that goes up 2 130 dbs i hit 130 db and they had the meter outside my vehicle lol!!!!!!! so they said lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 853
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1651
I already registered and left a comment, but I think they filter them cause its not on there.

Silver Member

Post Number: 866
damn my nuts itch!

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago Ima graffiti...

Post Number: 1777
look if someone pulls up in front of your house or a public place or w/e and just blasts music, then i can understand being disturbed. But if you're complaining about ppl just passing by and you hear their music for all of a few seconds, your life sucks and i hate you. car engines, motorcycles, construction work, trains, semis, lawnmowers, leaf blowers...get the fu<k over it, we live in a noisy world.

Silver Member

Post Number: 868
damn my nuts still itch!

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 263
then scratch them

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 237
lol thats bulll crap we have something similar like that here but only after a certain time lol or i would have goten a ticket the other day when i was teaseing a sheif lol but you know what i think a bunch of you all that live in that city is you all should all get together pull up in front of city hall when the have a meeting and just bump everthing you got by the time there out there with there and they try to get you your gone lol

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1378
damn Ben in Louisville they have a law like that? up here in northern KY they dont give 2 sh*ts or a f*ck.

and that boom box thing dont even make sense,a boombox is a portable stereo that black ppl carried on there shoulders in the late 80s early 90s. lol

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Future 15 Wanger!!, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2085
if they are gunna try to ban the noise they should atlease do some research so they can get the right terminology

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 585
i would find a area with one of those meters cover my plate with go eff yourself. and strap my woofer and box to the roof, smoke the gains just to piss them off. that's just as much bs as the cell phone rule i even thought about putting a pa andsiren in my car to pull over the cops on thier cell. i mean come on 250 bucks cause my bittch calls me at 11 after a 10 hour day and i forgot my blue tooth? FUCCCK YOU is my opinion.

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

San Diego

Post Number: 498
Just my opinion on what is wrong with society today...

Nobody gives a crap about anyone but themselves!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 315
I don't see where it's that big a deal to turn it down. I'm a home owner, and I hate being woken up a 3 in the morning because some dipsh!t is out that late.

My parents own rental property, and I'm getting ready to buy some soon, and I know people have moved away from some of their beach places because of noise.

Silver Member

Post Number: 587
ok i understand if it's a city. but come on i live in the sticks and i guess i been burned by one to many cops. my system is loud as hell but i don't play it past 930 - 10 in a develeopment. but that ban dosen't state like 3 in the afternoon or 4 when i'm on my way home from work and wanna blare out traffic and sink into my bass haven. then get some azz cop who's got his bear claw and coffee stuck up his azz.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4587
If a f ucking Harley can have the loudest exhaust and more piercing to the ear than some low frequency bass waves then something is wrong IMO.Sure you hear bass but it's nothing compared to a Harley or other motorcycle going balls out.Why isn't their laws against that?Maybe safety issues for the rider so people "Know he's there" I dunno...it's lame as sh1t though.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Im just light up my......

Post Number: 2761
agreed. i think it all goes back to the wise words of nwa... F*CK THE POLICE!

Silver Member

Post Number: 316
They give bikes tickets here now too.
They were giving cars with loud exhaust tickets as well.
And at 3 or 4 in the afternoon when some idiot has his sh!+ cranked up with the windows down, I'll have a little fun with them ;). If you have your windows up, ok, but down with music blasting stopped in traffic- you're an attention wh0re

Gold Member

Post Number: 1652
Well they posted what I wrote. It didnt come across as I intended. I kinda sound like an @ss. I agree with you though Troy. There is sort of a unwritten guideline to bumping. I never bump at lights or while going through residential areas. I always turn it down when entering a parking lot of a business.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 6341
If a f ucking Harley can have the loudest exhaust and more piercing to the ear than some low frequency bass waves then something is wrong IMO.Sure you hear bass but it's nothing compared to a Harley or other motorcycle going balls out.Why isn't their laws against that?Maybe safety issues for the rider so people "Know he's there" I dunno...it's lame as sh1t though.

My comment also. How many times also to my friends. Why is it that they can have exhaust so loud that with my windows down sitting in the passenger seat I cant even hear my friend talking to me at ALL as the crazy loud harley goes by. And the riders know its too loud.

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 500
I agree with the Harley thing (have a few in the neighborhood)...I also agree wholeheartedly with Troy though...I seem to get woken up every 20 minutes from midnight until 3am because inconsiderate people have to blare it with their windows down on the way home from the bar...

But nothing is as annoying as the neighbors dog that barks 23 hours a day and they are never home and the police do nothing about it...too bad you can't hunt poodles.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 6345
I used to have the same problem as the bar thing .....closing time the harleys would rumble and wake me up....thank God they found somewhere else to go....havent heard them in a year or so

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 239
"damn Ben in Louisville they have a law like that? up here in northern KY they dont give 2 sh*ts or a f*ck.

and that boom box thing dont even make sense,a boombox is a portable stereo that black ppl carried on there shoulders in the late 80s early 90s. lol"

yeah if you have your system cranked after a certain time at night then you can get a big fine

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 625
Our noise ordinance is if you can hear it 15 feet away, its a ticket. For my friend with his pioneer HU we set to 46, with the subs off and 15 feet away, we could hear it at volume 2...
BULLFUCKINGSHIT!

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 1...

Post Number: 5190
Well, if you get pulled over and the cop writes a ticket...wait and see if you can hear his CB in his car.

Then calmly ask him to turn it down :-)

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 502
And promptly get another ticket...LMAO

Silver Member

Post Number: 802
I really think someone video camed me the other day. I had my music up a bit going thorugh this almost abandoned neighborhood in the middle of nowhere. I just recetly noticed the sign there. It looks like it's been there for a while. I hope they didnt get a chance to film me...

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 240
if there going to ticket you for bumbing your system then dam everyone should get one cuz i know if you got a good car the company probably put in a good factory system so your going to hear it outside the car to

Silver Member

Post Number: 590
i can here my moms new toyota with stock radio no prob outside the car. but if this isn't a bitchhh on the way home tonight my gf gets a ticket for speeding. yet wasn't speeding some azz passed us flyin by yet she got blamed.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 9731
"If a f ucking Harley can have the loudest exhaust and more piercing to the ear than some low frequency bass waves then something is wrong IMO.Sure you hear bass but it's nothing compared to a Harley or other motorcycle going balls out.Why isn't their laws against that?Maybe safety issues for the rider so people "Know he's there" I dunno...it's lame as sh1t though."

Been saying that for years. I've ridden bikes since I was 16 and never could understand the "loud pipes save lives" theory. It's more of a "look at me, I'm on a Harley" attitude than a safety issue. And yes, it can be quite painful when your window is down and the azzhole pulls up next to you and tears off. My kids have actually cried due to the noise. And it's illegal what some do to their pipes to increase the noise.

We have an ordinance down the shore that carries a $2000 max fine for loud stereos. To tell you the truth it doesn't bother me when someone thumps on by. What I can't stand is when dipshit #1 drives by cranking his stock radio and all that is heard is a mess of distorted mids and highs, thinking he's da man driving his mom's minivan to the mall.

Silver Member

Post Number: 591
haha very tru paul. i blew my main fuse by a short when doing my final "clean up install" and all i heard in traffic was those minivan sob's and i just wanted to crank it up like eff you but i couldn't cause i had no power.

but now i do so let the slaughter begin

Gold Member

Post Number: 1676
So I wrote to boomboxbusters@hotmail.com and this is the convo so far. waiting for a reply. It reads from bottom to top...

So are you saying that motorcycle riders are only in the country? And if you assume the police will do whatever they normally do about exhaust noise, then why are you singling out people with stereos? Would'nt it be logical that you would "assume" the police would do what they normally do about stereo noise? Sounds like your singling out one group of people to me.

> From: boomboxbusters@hotmail.com
> To: naledge503@msn.com
> Subject: RE: hmmmm???
> Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 20:44:01 -0500
>
> I am in the city and see so few of them. If they get to be a problem for
> me, I will react for/with my neighborhood to stop the noise they create.
> So, at this time--no plans to do anything to them...sorry.
>
> I assume the police will do whatever they normally do about the exhaust
> noise.
>
>
>
> >From:<naledge503@msn.com>
> >To: <boomboxbusters@hotmail.com>
> >Subject: hmmmm???
> >Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 20:57:23 -0700
> >
> >
> >Are you gonna go after all of the motorcycle riders too?

Silver Member

Post Number: 806
I sent them a email like 3 days ago, no rpely yet.

Silver Member

Post Number: 807
Nvrm, I just got one. Let me show my email.:

I recently read about how the city is going to start cracking down on noise pollution. I really disagree with this to an extent. I understand having music turned up through a neighborhood at night is VERY disrespectful, but what is so bad about during the day? People are awake and I really don't see what is so bad about it. What about when I have my music turned up with all of the windows up? Is that a crime too? I'm harmless. What about the 80% population of drug heads in this town? Wouldn't you think a "Drug -Head Busters" group contribute allot more to this town than a wide hunt down for the dreaded "boom boxes"? Allot of the neighborhoods I've seen with these "Boom Box" Busters signs are not even respectful neighborhoods from what me, a teen, has seen. I would much rather see one of my friends brag about how he installed his first "boom box", than to brag about his first time doing some type of illegal drug. But that is just my opinion.
If I read correctly, there is a "sound meter" in use. May I ask what accurate sound meter are you using? And what type of sound are you metering for? Bass is defined into SQ (sound quality), SQL (Sound Quality Loud), or SPL (Sound Pressure Level). A Term Lab is the ONLY accurate meter that you can measure SPL with. And you have to be very close to the vehicle to even get a hint of the decibels that the car's "boom box" is putting out. You could have a completely stock "boom box" and have it barley up, with any of the windows down, and it will be able to be heard outside of the vehicle.
What about loud exhaust? This is far more disturbing than hearing bass. I have never even heard of someone getting pulled over for that around here, and the majority of the trucks in this town have those loud aftermarket exhaust systems that can drown out any bass, and then some. There are far worse things in this town that could be cracked down on.
What is my point? Car engines, car "boom boxes", motorcycles, construction work, trains, lawnmowers, leaf blowers...we live in a very noisy world. This is the present time. Noise should be the least of your worries.

Thanks for reading,
Your Local Car Audio Enthusiast

THEIR REPLY:
The meter was used by the EPA in California to measure noise. It will do
the job. The day is important for quite due to many night shift workers and
the older sick persons. Many of the older are bed ridden and sleep at odd
times. The bass really bothers them because they have lost the higher
frequency hearing and hear a lot of bass now. The schools are disrupted by
the intense noise as well as business's trying to do their work. Even a
dinner at your favorite diner is bothered due to the closeness of the
roadway to the eating area. I guess these are my short answers. Not to
forget the slow permanent damage being done to your ears. If you wish to
write again, please do...you have been very polite. I have not been
bothered by the trucks but can not tell you why--maybe I should be. I guess
there are not many around here...?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1678
hahaha...so according to him, there are not many trucks or motorcycles around there.

Silver Member

Post Number: 329
he told you to eat his azz

Silver Member

Post Number: 808
Naledge, there are ALLOT more trucks with extremely loud modified exaust than there are car systems.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1685
Here's his last response...

"Yes I am doing just that, because it was needed. The police were not
enforcing the law and I simply asked the city council to change that. They
have had many people complain and they decided it was time to do something.
Plus, I was going to take legal action against them and they know that. I
do not think our conversation is going to take us anywhere except to agree
to disagree....sorry, no more emails from me."

I guess he's taking the "If you cant take the heat, get ya @ss out the kitchen" route.

Silver Member

Post Number: 822
ROfl, tomorow imma go talk to this guy in person hopefully. BTW, I got a pic of this street that has 11 of those signs right next to each other.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 1...

Post Number: 5191
Nick,

If you go to talk to this guy, call me. I may drive up and come w/ you.

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Future 15 Wanger!!, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2087
what u need to do is get somone with a loud exhaust and then turn ur system on and have the other person rev their engine at the city council place and show them which is really louder. But cops are dumb like that. i knew this kid with an aftermarket catback on his civic and he had a note from a cop saying it was ok and he got pulled ova agian and showed him the note and still got a ticket and had to take it off...

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1538
i live in the suburbs and i can basically crank my system up as loud as i want right next to a cop and they do nothing...

at this audio shop i was at in the ghetto, this lady was tellin me the cops will pull her over, write her tickets, and even go so far as to rip the wires outta the equipment...

i don't care who it is, if someone EVER touched MY audio equipment, i'd flip shi!ts and there would be hell to pay...

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1539
^^^FYI that's not to say i'm an idiot and do that but there have been times when i'm bumpin and cop pulls up next to me and does nothing...

another FYI...there is a fine line between courteous bumpin' and ignorance....I'm not gonna go flying through my neighborhood blarin music at midnight....

Silver Member

Post Number: 596
i'd find the sound meter and power feeds, snip snip no more problems. or better yet razorblade so they can't find anything frong for a while. but seriously the whole point to alllllllllll this. i really want someone to sit on a lawn chair count the cars with systems going by and amount of sec it takes for them to go by. like seriously are u shitttting me they have the nearve to say ppl from day shift and elderly lost higer freq and onlt hear bass. i'm sure some gramps snackin on gerital had a heart attack from bass. like think about it they are talkin like u gathered ur friends up went on a bass rally at 5 miles a hour through ur neighborhood every hour. get real, that's such bs, i haven't gotten any of that stuff around here but if it does i might loose my temper real fast. i had to much freedom takin away already i'll be damned id i'll have my bass to. like seriously sit down and look at this shittt. u can say vagiiiina on tv but not pusssy or cunnt. penisss but not cocck. dammn is aloud but not god dammn.u wanna censor the effin dictonary next?????

Silver Member

Post Number: 823
Keith, Email them about how you feel lol.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2770
"another FYI...there is a fine line between courteous bumpin' and ignorance....I'm not gonna go flying through my neighborhood blarin music at midnight...."

But alot of these kids have no respect or even a conscience and they DO.... hence laws like these.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us