Amp Power Lights Flash, Then Nothing

Username: Champbc

Post Number: 1
I got a used Sony Xplod XM-1002HX amp a couple of days ago and tried to hook it up today, but unfortunately, we ran into some difficulities. I believe that we have it wired correctly but when you turn the car on, all that happens is that the power lights flash on. I have it hooked up with an 8 gauge amp wiring kit from Rockford with Twister Stealth Patch Cables. From there, it is run to a 10 alpine sub. Unfortunately, after the initial power light flash, nothing happens. We have tried nearly every wiring scenario to get it to work, so my question is how you can know for sure that it works and if there is anyway that I can test it. Thanks and I appreciate your help!

Anonymous

use a muiltimeter and see if you have at least 12volts coming to it. Check your ground make sure it is bolted down to bare metal with any paint on it. Also check your remote wire and make sure it is secure.

Username: Champbc

Post Number: 2
Could the ground really make a difference is it just there to prevent a short?

Anonymous

yes the ground can really do that so can the remote wire be sure to check both. if you still can't find the problem try rewiring the setup.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us