Amp for kicker L7s

Username: Ar3nbe

Post Number: 4
Hey i was wondering what amp i should use to power my 2 Kicker L7s 12inch. I was thinking along the lines of a Earthquake PH2200.4. Its a 4 channel amp that puts out 4*350 rms. This would perfectly power the L7s. Does anyone have a similar setup or used Earthquake amps before. i hear they are good subs. I also hear that using 2 amps, 1 per each sub is bad aswell. could someone please explain why. thanks in advance

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 587
why would 1 amp per sub be bad? its like saying running one amp on two subs is bad...makes no sense

also, find a subwoofer amp rather than a full range amp if you can, its easier to work with as far as crossovers go and power ratings for different loads

bp1200.1 is a great amp

Bronze Member
Username: Jonnyboy420

Post Number: 18
i'd say get a 2 channel amp.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 588
why would you do that?

Username: Ar3nbe

Post Number: 5
I was in a store the other day and the employee told me that using an amp for each sub was bad as you could never get them perfectly balanced together. I myself dont understand why, because if you had to of the same amps then what would be the difference. People do it in home audio all the time, so to me it makes no sense. Can anyone out there either aprove or disaprove of my theory.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us