How does this sound??

BillMan
Unregistered guest
Ok, here is what I was thinking of getting for a -good sounding semi hard hitting system- I want 2 kicker comp VR 10" (2 or 4 ohm?) and something like a kicker amp kx600.1 or kx650.4 or sx600.2 what would power those two subs better? or am I looking at the wrong amps all together? Also what would the difference be if I put the subs in two smaller sealed boxes or in one large sealed box? I'm going to put them in a Ford Ranger (thinking one on each side of the EX-cab facing each other, or in the center at the back of the cab in one sealed enclosure. Ported or not? I know with ports it can be deeper sounding. I want a good clean sound, and a head turner. I enjoy all types of music no one specific type rock, rap etc... I listen to any thing that is enjoyable, also looking at a good head unit Eclipse CD3413 or new 04 CD3434 any opinions on the two? "If any" I have read around on all the form and not heard of any setups like this one, yet, and would like some tips or feed back on if this would sound any good. I'm on a little of budget as of now 'hopefully that summer job I applied for will happen!' then I want to work on the highs in the cab. just a thought --some Infinity Kappa 692.5i all the way around with a seconded amp to keep it sounding clean.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3156
two compVR 10" (2+2 ohm DVC)
one KX600.1

no difference on two boxes or one. just versatility.

"thinking one on each side of the EX-cab facing each other,"

don't make them face each other directly. angle them maybe 15 degrees. that'll prevent wave cancellation. if they are face to face directly, the waves can cancel and you'll lose tremendous amounts of bass that way. It'll sound awful.

ported is a larger box, and hits harder (+3dB more efficient) but sealed will always play more deeply, and more accurately with a flat curve down to infrasonic levels.

Eclipse is always a good choice for the source.

I'd go with Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1s in front in the doors.
forget rear speakers totally and make a good front stage for a SQ system.

check cardomain.com for similar systems with pictures to get ideas.

BillMan
Unregistered guest
Thanks glass
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us