Cant get amp to product sound

Unregistered guest
ok.. i got my amp wireing kit all hooked up. and i can get power to the amp(yaaa, fianly) BUT :-( i cant seem to get the amp to produce any sound to the speakers i got hootked up to it.. I got the RCAs all pluged in right and evreything. I just cant figure it out.

any ideas on what may be causing it?

Thanks alot guys

Bronze Member
Username: Cainer

Camberley, Surrey England

Post Number: 15
have you checked the fuses on the amp?

Unregistered guest
yea all the fuses are good.. on the amp and the one off the battery.. cuz i got full pwr to everything.. i just can get a sound to come from the speakers :-(

Bronze Member
Username: Panache

Brenham, TX US

Post Number: 98
Marcus, maybe your spoeakers are shot or not wired correctly!!! Maybe?

Bronze Member
Username: Hairball

City of Angels

Post Number: 31
describe how you hooked the amp up to the speakers. speaker cable directly to each speaker? or spliced into the car's existing speaker wiring?

if the second, did you accidentally splice into the hu's amplified speaker leads?

say whether you have a multimeter, to check voltages. if so, maybe check the voltage on the speaker outputs on the amp to see if the amp is passing current.

do you know that the rca cables pass a signal, they could be bad, but this is a low probability.

does the amp warm up after several minutes? or stay cold?

hey, all the fun's in troubleshooting, so take it easy and enjoy the process.

Bronze Member
Username: Cainer

Camberley, Surrey England

Post Number: 16
check the speaker output terminals on the amp with a voltage meter, if you dont get a reading from it but the amp IS getting power then you have an internal problem with the amp, if you do get a reading from the voltage meter then either your subs dont work, (possably wired to the wrong ohms) or your music sorce from the head unit isnt getting through, dont do anything now... wait untill more people answer your question so you get a better picture of things as im no expert!

Unregistered guest
i just ran the speakers directly to the amp. and the speakers are fine.. i hooked them up to another system and worked great. I also tried 3 other speakers.. all with nothing. iam really stumped on this one.

thanks anyways guys
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us