Too much treble

Username: Oomrkenoo

Post Number: 7
car system finally hooked up 3 problems though. first there is way too much treble and i cant seem to get it right from the deck. theres a x-crossover button and not sure exactly what my settings should be. its an alpine deck. 2nd im not getting that much bass and i dont know how to set the adjustments on the amp. 3rd if i was 2 get another amp say a 200 watt amp and add on to the system does that mean that combines with my 500 watt amp to give ~700 watts to the sub? thanks everyone im still a newbie to audio so ur help would be appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Hairball

City of Angels

Post Number: 25
i may be having the same problem with the treble and i'm thinking it's because i've got 2-way speakers in the front and back, and it's just too much. i may put a filter on the highs for just the rear speakers, or amp the fronts and run the rears off the head unit, or... i don't know.

also, speakers being out of phase affect the lower frequencies much more than the highs, i believe, but if the bass is lacking, you may need to look into testing for speakers being out of phase with each other. check other threads for that.

maybe most importantly, if you're thinking about trying to use 2 amps on one speaker (or sub), the 500 and a 200W, then that's a no-no. amps need line voltage in, as little as 0.2V up to 8V i believe. simply put, you can't use more than one amp for a single speaker (or several speakers). If you want more power, you need to upgrade the amp to a larger powered one.

lots of folks have alpine decks here, i'm sure someone can give you exact advice on setting the x-over setting.

if you give more details on your setup, amp, speakers and sub, we can help a little better.

Username: Oomrkenoo

Post Number: 8
thanks Ian i believe i have 2 way speakers front and back too. man it is piercing at high volumes! lol
but im running an alpine 7894, soundstream RUBII 500.2 , and eclipse 12" aluminum dvc sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us