?

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 2589
i know your all against jl audio but i got a question

JL AUDIO says that their 13w7 will play as tight as their 10w7, bc they make specific motors for EACH different size. Diamond for example, and many others keep the same magnet structure...(i think diamond?)

anyways....u think the 13 will be as tight as the 10?

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1545
depends on enclosure ... did they specify what this has been tested in?

i have heard both and honestly they sound similiar ... overall the 13 is a better woofer ... i dont think ne one can badmouth JLs woofer performance wise ... price wise defintelty ...

but if ur getting the w7 for a good price then it really is a good woofer ... either one ud be happy with

Gold Member

Post Number: 2590
they were talking sealed...i made a sealed box .25 feet lower then the reccomendation..(they said to do it) i want the 13

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi

Post Number: 2206
i think its totally possible to be done. weather jl audio is doing it or not, whatever. i think jl makes great stuff, actually. their prices are just steep. i love the w7s. ive seen quite afew since that was the baddest thing carried for a while around here...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1549
blaine ur gonna get very good output with that woofer .. they good and loud .. sound above average ... very well built woofer ... their only downfall IMO is the single 3 ohm impedance but even that can be worked around

Gold Member

Post Number: 2591
so u think....1 13?

Gold Member

Fi

Post Number: 2207
"so u think....1 13?"

more than likely. what kinda car?

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2540
JL Audio has some of the best amps/subs but they cost to damn much. Why pay more when there is know need to.{SI Mag 15"}

Gold Member

Post Number: 2593
07 rav 4

Gold Member

Post Number: 1551
another sub wasnt the issue here .. it was performance over a w7 ... blaine has 2500 posts here .. and has made knowledgeable posts from what ive read ... if he wanted a different woofer he wouldnt have asked the question

Gold Member

Post Number: 2594
i know they are expensive.... but they are a few reasons i want one

1-bc i ahev heard it and i love it...always wanted one...
2- they are very desirable, i cant sell it for a lot later.... i keep my subs mint condition

Gold Member

Fi

Post Number: 2209
a 13w7 would look great in the back of a brand new rav 4.

out of curiosity, what color intereor?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2595
its grey....i made a box...with traditional box carpet..but i wanna get something to perfectly match...or suede or somethin nice...here is my trunk....

towards the end

http://youtube.com/watch?v=i2PYyShrLtc
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us