04 Blazer need some comps

Silver Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 373
I've done some reading and I have found that the tweeters will have to be custom mounted. I normally do my own installation but since it's a new car for me and I ALWAYS mess something up (but it's part of the fun!) I'll be taking it to a shop this time. Anyone know how in depth this custom mounting is going to be? Will it cost me, or is it pretty simple to take care of?

thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 388
Usually , people do a standard of $40 for installation of any speakers. Seeing as you only mentioned tweeters, might be less, but since they have to be custom mounted, it could also cost more. How much, dunno, depends on the shop.

I hate to sound like such a "p r i c k", but it was a vague question. A lil more specific description might help. Do you have an amp, factory/aftermarket ? Is the amp already installed, will you be running an amp, do the tweets belong to a comp set, are the being added to prexisting stocks ? .. .
Im goin to make the assumption the tweets are for a set of comps. Which may run $40 - $85 , somwhere in that range. And that includes custom mounting (tweeter only, and woofer in factory location). It will likely be cheaper if the tweets belong to a comp set vs an extra set of tweets that you are just adding. That gets into more wiring and pulling of panels to route to an amp, course you then have to worry about if the impedance agrees with what the amp wants, it can get meessy and will be way more trouble and money than its prolly worth, course that is up to the person who pays. Money might not be tight for you.

But in short,they will most likely cut a hole for them, drop them in with the appropriate housing, them route it to amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us