?either my alt is finally going out orrrrrrr..............?

Gold Member
Username: Mygame5982

I Got More Watts Then ..., TEXAS US

Post Number: 2271
my battery is super dead...idk
my car starts perfect.
turn on the system..bass plays for a lil while den cuts off and lights dim super hard..come back on one beat..knock..go off. but if i turn bass off radio plays normal. is it my alt or battery becaue when i got my indash install he left my key turned for like three hours blowing ac wit the car not running..so alt or battery?

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SOUND SPLINTER RL-S ON...

Post Number: 14857
go to autozone and have them test your alt. i think its free. seems like a alternator problem since your car starts ok.

Gold Member
Username: Theweasel

2 12 FI SSD, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 1015
probably your alt. that's what you get for running that 2500d on a stock alt

Gold Member

Post Number: 2273
"thats what i get" whatever dude..get off my thread

oo fareal chad?? thanks man im going to go check that out soon then..
thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 2274
i think the dudes at the stereoefx place fucked my alternator up..
because i dont bang it that hard..but while they were rewiring my whole car and installing my indash the whole building was shaking..the installation dude was showing my system off in the garage. had that shi.t full tilt bangin hard as a bTtch..shut down the dude with four fifthteens..i was like wtf..i went out there and told him to turn it off because my car cant handle it since he had the key turned so long.
but its no big promblem prolly is my alt. my system still plays or what not but i can turn it up too loud.
imma have it checked out like chad said

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1635
Yeah it does sound like your alt. Your car starts off the batt. The cutting out is cause your alt is not keeping your voltage up.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2275
yea exactly naledge.
didnt start til last night.i was bout to shut down this dude at the stop light i turned it on..and nothing happened.i was like WTF..lol
i checked all my grounds and what not but everything was okay. so i turned it up a little and drove around for awhile.
but if i leave it off for a while..it willllllll play so i guess it is the alt.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1016
sorry man, didn't mean anything buy it, But did you honestly expect that alternator to handle that amp forever? look at the plus side, now you can get a HO alternator and blast your system whenever you want

Gold Member

Post Number: 1017
*by* not buy

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 556
ah christ quit bashin ya little bitchh. he clearly says he knows it couldn't handle it. so he knows , get over it . now for the help, you can bypass autozone and blah blah. if u got a volt or multi meter throw it on your batt if u get 14 plu volts why car is running the alts fine. with the car off you should at least get 12 volts. now when u say the guy was baggin ur system to high hell the key was off?????? if so alt damage was and is not possible since the car was not running meaning nither was the alt. lastly if it all happened i would get them to pay for something or give money bk for the install. from now on try to see why everyone does the installs themselves. cause it seems like where ever there is expensive equip theres a fucck head to eff it up. and one side note i just hope if he ran it without the key off the batt didn't drop voltage and eff the amp. i remember it beging brought up that voltage drop can doom a amp.

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 557
with the key off not without'

Gold Member
Username: B101

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4326
autozone dont know how to properly test a alternator, if their lives depended on it... trust me.. they even hook the machine up to the wrong wire. current flows negative. they also dont load your system down, while testing. which makes their testing a complete joke...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14859
not all autozone B. there is one by my house that has a worker that knows what he is doing. lol.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1539
haha yes a single autozone employee in the whole company that has knowledge of cars ... lol

def sounds like alt problems ... thats a bummer mang ...

Gold Member
Username: B101

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4327
hey Chad wsup, maybe the autozone on the west might do things differently. but im very skeptical about them loading the system down.... what i mean by that is pretty much making the battery seem to be shorted or present a shorted load. this is where the alternator is properly tested, as far as amperage and recharging power.... not just by turning on wipers, or system up etc... im sure they do not do this. but please correct me if they do..

it is a big article which explains why they do not test alternators properly. but ohh well... its like the time i returned my starter, i mean it has a lifetime warranty, and is handmade in Mexico, so you can expect it to die prematurely... I take it back for another, and the dumb girl wants to test it... i said okay, but its spitting sparks and flames, but test as you will... she couldnt even use that tester properly, not even connect it to the bench muchless. neithless to say, I got my new part without testing...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14862
lol yeah i talk with that guy all the time. he knows wassup except for the fact that he calls his 2 jl 12w3 a competition system which destroys all. lol. but the guy is cool and he knows his way around the engine.

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 228
i am haveing the same problem out of my car and everything is stock also

Gold Member

Post Number: 2276
hmmmmmmmmmm ionnnnnnnno guys on the way home tonight i was bangin and it kept playing.so fucc it.imma see if it stays like that.
if it doesnt immmmma get the alt tested.thanks

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2757
I doubt its the alt, cause it it charching your battery right? It may be that the battery was strained, and needed time to fully recharge. I would have a load test done on the battery first. Sears does it for free, and the diehard battery is decrnt for the price. Just get the biggest that will fit in your car. I like the 775 Gold ones.

Upload

Username: Vivi2000

Post Number: 3
If you open the hood, start the car and while its running take the pos off the battery you will find out wether its the alt or battery. Make sure to loosen the pos wire on the batt first though. If your car keeps running after you take it off then your alt is good, but if it shuts down then your alternator is bad. I had to do this about 2 months ago because my starter broke and shorted out my alternator.

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 938
Agreed Marc, I don't think it's the alt either. If the the alt was dead, it wouldn't charge the battery and therefor your car wouldn't start at all. Or maybe it's both the alt and bat going bad together. Anyways, have it checked out ASAP before anything else goes bad.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us