Box

Username: Emphasis281

Post Number: 5
What would be the best type of box that holds 2 12" subs to put in the back of and extended/crew cab truck?

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 131
What kind of subs/ setup are you working with?

Post Number: 8
Two 12" 1300w Sony Xplods and I plan on getting an amp that is 1000w or higher. So what would be the best box sound wise within a truck minus the back seat so I can fit a regular sized box?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5018
i'd just get an empty cardboard box, put the subs in it, and throw it all away. best box possible and extremely cheap.

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 375
best box for output is a ported box. it'll be louder, but what mikes trying to say is, those sony subs might not last long due to poor build quality.

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 224
hmmmmm i agree with mike but since thats what you bought i would probably do like jeremy said and put them in a ported box to be able to get reall loud

Post Number: 9
Alright, well the sonys I got off ebay since they were cheap just so i could have something for my car. I'll probably upgrade later. All the other speakers and cd deck are Pioneer. So I was thinking if i bought new I'd just get Pioneer subs and amp to go with it. But Id like to get the best stuff for my money so what would be the best route to go with a sub and amp combo?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5022
don't buy pioneer amps or subs. post a budget and you can get some help.

Post Number: 10
Don't really have a budget, just kind of a buy as I go type thing, I just need to know what to look for and what to stay away from.

Gold Member
Username: Theweasel

2 12 FI SSD, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 1014
everyone has a budget

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 243
^ x2. Not knocking you or your subs, but you said yourself you bought them because they were cheap.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Yea I got them just because i wanted to atleast get some kind of system to start with, so now Im ready to start getting something serious goin so I need some input on what to get. What brands should I be looking at. And yet again, budget doesnt matter, if theres something i like all save until i can get it.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5027
please for the love of god post your fuc_king budget. EVERYONE has a budget. so unless you're filthy rich, post it.

but since you're rich, get a pair of these:
http://www.earthquakesound.com/holees.htm

i'm guessing they might be a little better than that sony crap you got now.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3467
^HA if thats true i say get 2 DD 9115 and a zx2500.1 that would make a great sql setup, although the subs along are gonna cost around $1500.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3468
and don't get the sub mike said, thats a straight spl sub it will sound like sh1t and you'll need atleast 5k to get anything from it.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5028
who cares what it sounds like, he's running sony xplodes. not like he's going to notice much of a difference in sq.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3471
i would care espically since he has no budget, you can get much much better stuff than the holees.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 9510
Wow. $2500. Who do they think they are, TC sounds????

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
dustins had the most useful info so far.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3474
yay i win, but seriosuly post a budget, we could go on for days about dream systems that cost sh1t loads of dollars.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Basically Im looking for the best combination that i can put in my car for now that I can listen to music when im driving but blow anybody away when needed without blowing the glass out of my car. See, budgets not a problem cause im looking for a reasonable system, I dont need 15,000 watts or anything like that, just something on the lines of what dustin said.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
ok fine, we'll just say $2000 - $2500 will be the goal here

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3475
well then get the system i said, it will have great sq and be able to get crazy loud, plus you'll be one of the only ppl i know that will have the 9100 series.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us