JL 500/1

Bronze Member
Username: Joebruce

Post Number: 15
Can any one tell me where the cheapest place to get a brand new JL 500/1 amp?

jj
Unregistered guest
try this web site they are suppose to have the cheapest.

http://www.acaraudio.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=JL+Audio+500%2F1&x= 5&y=7

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Would the 500/1 be a good choice to power 2 12" Alpine Type Rs? Or would it be to powerful/not powerful enogh??

jj
Unregistered guest
it should be just right.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Ok thanks. And wut about mids, right now i have 4 6.5" Pioneer 4-ways but the just suck!! Wut are some loud mids? I was thinking some type r 6.5,but my friend has some infinity kappas and they almost made my ears bleed they are so loud! Are the alpine better,the same,or would the infinitys be better? Or any other sugg.

jj
Unregistered guest
the infinitys would be a great choice. Alpine are ok but not as good. and bout away do you already have the Type Rs

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Yea right now they are hooked up to a mtx amp but i think they could sound alot better thats why i was gonna get a 500/1.

jj
Unregistered guest
oh ok just wanted to make sure you if you had them are was planning to get them. cause 2 good kickers would be better then them I had 2 of them and i got 2 new kicker CVRs and they blow the alpines away. but yeah that would sound great. go with what you got upgrade to the JL and the infinitys and you will be good to go

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Alright thanks for the advice. Yea for right now im gonna keep the Alpines but some day i would like to upgrade them maybe get some good JLs like 2 10" w7s but i dont have that kind of money now.

Username: Jayj

Post Number: 2
lol i know what ya mean. good choice though when you do upgrade.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us