(2) 12"s or (1) 15"

Username: Mobilelie

Post Number: 5
i wanted to know which be better. cause im tired of dealing with two subs and one always seems to go out. so i want to get a 15. but is that wise

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1942
1 15 or 18.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SOUND SPLINTER RL-S ON...

Post Number: 14837
Give me a fish and I eat for a day. Teach me to fish and I eat for a lifetime.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 1032
I dont get it chad j/k

Gold Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 1048
Just go with 2 12's in an enclosure with seperate chambers for each sub. It will be louder than a single 15" if you have the space for them, and then in case one ever goes out you are just down to 1 12 which isn't that bad.

But if you do things right, your subs shouldn't dying on you.

And Chads saying was very inspiring but what I think he was saying is do things right, go with the 2 12's, and just don't keep blowing your subs.

Post Number: 6
bu thats the thing. i just recently bought two 1200 watt subs and i have a 2000 watt amp. and one sub blew. which i dont understand because each channel on the amp wasnt more power than each sub could handle. each channel was actually 200 watts short

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5007
by the description you gave of them, would they happen to have been sony?

Gold Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 1051
I can tell you right now, whatever subs you are talking about, can not handle 1200rms or close to it. They are probably rated at 1200watts max, and can actually handle about 300rms. And your amp is probably also very overrated, but still probably puts out more than 300rms per sub.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 6226
they were probably 1200 peak and cheaper subs

Bronze Member
Username: Calioldschool

California

Post Number: 36
in time... Your subs will blow if you under power them... it's ok for maybe a week to run them however you will want to unplug them till you get an amp that can power them correctly.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5008
"in time... Your subs will blow if you under power them... it's ok for maybe a week to run them however you will want to unplug them till you get an amp that can power them correctly."

complete b.s.^^^ don't pay any attention to that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6228
Anthony K...."in time... Your subs will blow if you under power them"

not true overpowering them does that

Bronze Member
Username: Calioldschool

California

Post Number: 37
I've read on many websites it is easier to blow up a speaker underpowering than overpowering.

Gold Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 1052
Agreed. Underpowering will NOT hurt a sub.

The only possible way you could underpower a sub and damage it, would be to be playing the highs through it for extended periods of time. But that is completley irrelevant to your problem.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5009
main reason, imo, people blow subs by underpowering them is the fact that they think they can crank up the gain to make the subs "louder" to make up for the fact that their being underpowered.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6229
overpowering heats up coils even without a distorted signal

underpowering kills a speaker with a distorted signal

but I agree mike they either make it up on the gain or the headunit either way distorting the signal

Post Number: 7
everything thats in the trunk is manufactured by DHD POWER CRUISER. how are they rated amongst th others. and also let me know what subs would be good with a 1000 X 1000 watt 2ohm capable Bridgeable amplifier. i've been dealing with car stereos for a year now and i've kept subs longer than when i bought the DHD. and at a much lower wattage too. i never had a sub blew for nothing. all the others blew because of something stupid i was trying.

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1214
i dont know alot about DHD i have an equalizer made by them and i like it a lot but i dont know how their amps and subs are rated

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

IA, DP RD

Post Number: 1710
dhd is good stuff. and get ur bible readin asssss outta here
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us