Sub Suggestion

Silver Member
Username: Kaprese

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 409
Alright which would possible be louder and deliever more bass output, 2 12" Pioneer TSW-301R (150rms each) in a 4.6cuft box at 32hz off 400rms.........or........ a Memphis PR15D4 15" sub in a 3cuft 32hz box off of 400rms

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 410
the reason I am asking is that I could get this sub from my homeboy but would it be the better trade or not.Which most likely would have more bass output and sound ALOT better the 15" memphis (250rms) or the 2 12" pioneers (150rms EACH) but I am going to be giving 400rms

Platinum Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10320
if its your boy ask him to listen to it first and if you like it better then make the trade.

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 411
I really don't want to take time and switch and then switch back so which setup in YOUR OPINION would be louder off 400rms both in ported boxes

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 412
I am ask for opinions because the box he has it in is shi*** so I was planning on rebuilding a box for this sub but if it wasn't going to be louder as in BASS then I wasn't going to bother with it

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10328
I have no idea and unless anyone else has tested both of those subs in the exact application you are going to be using them in no one will be able to tell you the answer to that.

Bronze Member
Username: Santa_fe

Post Number: 53
Joshua, in my opinnion the two 12's would be better for ya....it sounds like you have a pretty nice box and a decent ammount of power gettin to thoes subs. This however is only MY opinnoin so dont blame me if ya dont like it = ). Mabey a bigger amp for thoes 12's if ur looking for more spl. Many variable here tho....

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 413
it's all good I am probably gonna go ahead and trade

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

IA, DP RD

Post Number: 1694
i always liked single sub setups more. cuz if its equally as loud u did it w/ one sub. ya kno. but x2 wat james said

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10352
I always like single sub set ups also:-)

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 415
but if you guys was in my position would you make the trade for a Memphis PR15d4 or keep the pioneer TSW-301R.Would the 2 12's hit harder because of surface area compared to a single 15" sub on the same 400rms

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 416
and then I can't just trade and see if I like the 15" because it's brand new just in a sh**y box so it wouldn't be a point I would have to build a box for the sub which by then he would have sold it or something

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10356
I would rather have the 15

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 417
alright james one last question do you think if I build a box and tune it to 32hz just like for the 2 12's I have no would the bass output drastically decrease because cone area

2 12"s=about 20" of cone
1 15"= 15" of cone area

but both are ran on 400rms would there be a notice in decrease output from switching

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 419
oh yea this is going into a Saturn SL2 with fold down rearseats and the Memphis is DVC 4 ohm and the 2 12"s are SVC 4ohm (just for reference)

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 420
I am hoping also the 15" would have more LOW extension and a little bit of SQ what you think ?

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10360
I don't know about more SQ I have never listened to those subs so I can't comment, but it should have more low end extension. to get surface area you do PI*radius^2 I don't know where you got your surface area from.

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 421
but wouldn't 2 12"s naturally have more surface area then a 15" thus leading to more output but only if it is on the same amount of power .......

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10370
in a perfect world yes but in car audio nothing is perfect.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us