Ground Wire

Username: Kragan

Post Number: 8
I plan on installing 3 amps in my car. 2 (75wx2 @4 ohms) to push my front and rear speakers and 1 (300wx1 @2 ohms) to push my sub. I am going to put the 2 amps to push my front/rear speakers under my 2 front seats and the 3rd in the back with the sub.

My question is this: Would it be ok to ground each amp indepedently or should I run all the ground wires to a ground distribution block and then out to a single ground point?

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 123
I would just run each one individualy to its own (paint sanded down and very secure) spot. Dont put them right next to each other. You could go with a Ground Distrubution block too. It sounds high tech and professional.

Anonymous

why 3 amps all you need is 2 one 4 channel and one mono or 2 channel. and if you are set on doing it like that then run each ground indepedently cause you DO NOT want your ground wires to be over 2 foot long for each amp.

Username: Kragan

Post Number: 9
The reason I am going with 3 amps is because I already own 2 (the ones pushing mids/highs) that I had in another vehicle that I just traded in for my new car, so I figured I would just re-use them.

Plus in the old car (93 civic ex) my trunk was full of wires, amps, and a dual 12" sub box. I had a nice set up, but was never able to put anything in the trunk. Plus the one time on my way to class, I got a flat ... and boy was it a pain in the rear removing all that stuff to get to the spare.

So in the new car (02 ford focus svt) I am going to go with just a single 10" and sub amp in the back with the 2 other amps under the seats ... if anyone cares.

Silver Member
Username: Soccer

Post Number: 101
Are you sure they won't over heat under the seats?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us