One works but the other doesnt

Username: Mobilelie

Post Number: 1
i need a bit of help. i have 2 DHD 1200 4 OHM SUBWOOFERS WITH A 1000 X 1000 WATT 2 OHM DHD POWER CRUISER AMPLIFIER. EVERYTHING WAS FINE ONE DAY, THEN THE NEXT DAY I WENT TO MY CAR AND ONE OF THE SUBS DONT WORK. I CANT FIGURE OUT WHY CAUSE ITS NOT LIKE THE SUBS WERE OVER POWERED BY THE AMP. CAN SOMEBODY GIVE ME A CLUE?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4323
Where the hell did my post go?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4324
Alright...I'll post it again.You either have a blown output channel on the amp,a blown sub(Via clipping(Likely))or you have a loose/damaged or shorted wire but that's not likely because the amp would go into protect(If it has the circuitry).

Post Number: 2
whats a "clipping" and wut i dont understand is how things work fine that night, but the morning im out one amp. its not the channel, i checked that. how can u tell if the sub is blown. cause it doesnt even pop a lil like other blown subs ive had

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1202
Hey Rob can it be the speaker wire that is really toasted and makes the amp go into protect?

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1650
could be, but how would the speaker wire get that hot? speaker wire is not like pwr and grnd that run a ton of power. unless he was using something incredibly small i doubt thats the cause

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1203
so sorry to jack his thread but anyways could that be the reason my amp is going to protect lol cus my speaker wire is pretty small and im running 1100 watts through it and now that i think about it the ends are kinda like KIA SHINE would say "so krispy"

Post Number: 3
so back to my original thread. wuts a clipping and um still trying to figure out wuts gon on. usually if i blow a sub it'll still pop when its connected but not this 1200 watt sub. didnt everything go together fine the 2 1200 watt subs 4ohm with a 2000 watt 2ohm capable amp

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3419
pull both subs and hook a dmm up the VC, or if you don't have a dmm hook a 9volt bat up the vc and the sub should make a "pop" noise if it doesn't your sub is fvcked, but if both subs work your amp probally took a sh1t.

Post Number: 4
does anyone know where i can find a dhd power cruiser 1200 watt 12 inch subwoofer

Platinum Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10308
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clipping_(audio)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us