I'm thinking?

Bronze Member
Username: Press1

Yuba City, CA USA

Post Number: 86
I'm thinking of starting a shop. I currently own a different business, but I've always wanted to own a shop. Any owners out there with pros and cons.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3318
Ya, don't do it, to much overhead. Polo.. :-)

Bronze Member

Yuba City, CA USA

Post Number: 87
I imagine its hard to compete with online stores for prices, but where is the future of the Car audio shop going? I've tinkered for 15 years, and it has not appeared to change much. There has to be a market.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3324
Honestly, the market is here, in DIY. There are more and more people doing it themselves but there will always be people needing stuff like boxes to be built. By posting here we save the average noob who cannot afford to go to a shop which is actually the shops fault because they usually push there sales tactics so hard that i scares people away. Also if you really talk to a shop owner most of them do not know sh!t BUT there are a few exceptions. My cousin works for a shop that they are very knowledgeable but sell mainstream equipment because the average person cannot afford the stuf like Treo, RE or TC. Shops like that are good but again there really isn't that much of a market for full blown installs, most people just want to upgrade there HU and maybe door speakers. On-line sales is where it is but even that is saturated. Polo.. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Jemone

Stone Mountain, Georgia United States

Post Number: 208
Thats true. I got a business license with the express purpose of online resale, but after surfing the net for a while,I figured it would be hard to compete. There is no way that I can buy in the volume needed to be able to offer super competitive prices.In short Glove , stay in the business u are doing now, especially if u are making a nice profit.

Bronze Member

Yuba City, CA USA

Post Number: 88
I hear ya! Well is there any money in shows? or competitions?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us