BJ customs, box quality?

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3312
I may purchase a ready built box for the TC 5200 I am buying from the same seller. The box is made by BJ customs with two interchangeable ports (30hz and 50hz) new for $200 shipped. Anyone ever see the quality and how do they sound? Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Im just light up my......

Post Number: 2715
ive seen a few of his boxes on ca and they all look really nice and i havent seen anone say bad things about them

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3313
Found the box when the dude had it built> http://www.caraudiojunkyard.com/forum/fisher-customs/1320-box-build-giantgloworm -interchabable-ports-3.html

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2699
One of the best box builders out there right now and a good guy.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2700
And Polo you couldn't have bought that sub at a better time because the new prices (some of them) came out for TC and the horror is real.

TC 1000 15" = $449

TC 2000 15" = $799

Which if you do the math puts the 5200 which was $595 at around $1200.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3314
So for $700 shipped I have the box and sub, not to bad I guess.. :-O Polo..

Silver Member
Username: Bjfish11

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 256
That was a very fun project. I thought it turned out pretty cool. So he is selling the box for $200 shipped?

Thats a steal for you, considering there is probably about $100 of plexi in the back of that box.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1624
looks expensive as balls

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Paris, IL

Post Number: 2235
Polo, hit up Belunt on caraudiojunkyard.com he builds a really nice box also and he's local

Silver Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 257
Well, not that im trying to steal business from the competition, but you need to read up about Belunt There is a long ongoing mess with him. The info can be found over at caj.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 9347
Box looks like it's ready for war lol. Nice job Fisher.

And I see TC's prices have finally jumped. Would've liked to hear one too. I wonder what the 5400 sells for now. $1600?

Silver Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 258
Thanks Paul. That box was built like a figgin' tank. Weighed in about the same as one too. Triple front baffle, and double rear baffle, lol.

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Paris, IL

Post Number: 2236
"Well, not that im trying to steal business from the competition, but you need to read up about Belunt There is a long ongoing mess with him. The info can be found over at caj."

I haven't been around on the forums for a while...what happened ? Did a pull a mark potts ?

Silver Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 259
Well, I wouldnt put him in the same boat as Mark. But basically, there are many many people waiting on boxes over the last few months, and he has decided to not respond to them I guess....

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4968
i bought the box i'm using now from bj, and i must say it's the best box i've had so far. very nice quality, fast shipping, good prices. and the little fishercustoms logo plate is a nice little touch. even a few people at a local shop commented on the quality of the box. and i just ordered my second the other day and i'm sure i won't be dissapointed. matter of fact, i think all my future boxes will always be from bj.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9355
Sounds like if I couldn't build my own I should try fisher's boxes. I do like what I've seen so far....

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3317
I can't say anything about Mark Potts, he has been good to me and has come up with some good performing boxes. Now I really like that box BUT I cannot fit it, no way no how, sucks, lol. I do indeed like the design and the quality of work so I will have you make it for me! I contacted Chris to come up with a design ans as soon as I have finalized some stuff I will have you build it. Also thanks for answering my pm's so quick, always good! Polo.. :-)

Gold Member

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1637
i guess its a good time to ask.... BJ, What's the average turn-around on your boxes? time-wise i mean.

Silver Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 261
Thanks mike!

Sounds good Polo.

JK, turnaround time is usually within a week. Of course sometimes that will change with the complexity of the box or how busy I am. But a week is usually a pretty good number.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4303
Well...in Belunt's comparison to Mark Potts...at least he didn't tell me he would build my box after I got in contact with him about a quote/build.

Bronze Member
Username: Visitor

Middleofnowhere, Minnesota USA

Post Number: 68
"And I see TC's prices have finally jumped. Would've liked to hear one too. I wonder what the 5400 sells for now. $1600?"

Paul- the msrp on the 18" lms-5400 is going to be 2999. hope that helps.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4305
""And I see TC's prices have finally jumped. Would've liked to hear one too. I wonder what the 5400 sells for now. $1600?"

"Paul- the msrp on the 18" lms-5400 is going to be 2999. hope that helps."

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
Also- Pole- if you are buying "giantgloworm"'s tc5200 (great guy btw!) Then please be aware that that driver was a ces show driver, and has a slightly shorter topplate.. that will affect the woofer to a point!

thanks

Gold Member

IA, DP RD

Post Number: 1650
one week is great!!!! whatsyour email???

Silver Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 263
email is bj @ fishercustoms.com

Just let me know if you need anything.

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

Post Number: 236
BJ, how much would you charge me for a single 12" box, ported, carpeted, for a Alpha V1? Steve told me you would set me up with a good deal when I bought it, but I declined at the time.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9367
Paul- the msrp on the 18" lms-5400 is going to be 2999. hope that helps.

Helps lol? I thought the price increase was something like 200%? I believe it listed for around $800 or so b4. 3 G's is pushing a 400% increase. WTF????? What do they expect, to only move one a month?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
I think they want you to go to the dealer.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3321
Also- Pole- if you are buying "giantgloworm"'s tc5200 (great guy btw!) Then please be aware that that driver was a ces show driver, and has a slightly shorter topplate.. that will affect the woofer to a point!

Visitor, I sent you a PM, you get it? When I talked to Zach he had mentioned that to me. I was looking at a picture of it and could not find a difference until I put it side by side with another and noticed the top spider ring seemed to have a lower profile, is this what you were talking about? Doing this would bring the coil closer to the motor maybe increasing linearity and BL by a smidge? Why would this be done only to the CES driver was there a reason for it? Also if I wanted all I have to do is obtain a different top end? Thanks for any info or insite pertaining to this sub...Polo. :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 9374
My first car wasn't that much. Hell, neither was my second lol. I might have been influenced and persuaded to shell out the $800....maaaaybe. $3000 for a driver is for the insane. That's like two weeks salary. FTMFL!!!!

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3325
Sh!t Paul, my first car was a 1972 Plymouth Satellite that had a 383 magnum, was a police interceptor and i paid $225 for. That lasted for two years and bought a 1972 Cutlas supreme, 350 rocket for $50, grandmas friend. I then got $400 from income tax and bought a 1972 Chevy montecarlo, chevy orange with a white top and baby halfmoons. It had mickey Thompson 255 R50 15's in the back, whip ant with a racoon tail, lol. I loved the 80's good sh!t ;) Polo..

Gold Member

Post Number: 9379
First car was a 1984 Buick regal. $300. Tore that sob up! Second was a pos F150, my dads. Third was my 1988 IrocZ. Yes the 80's were a fantastic time! Alot of my firsts and lasts were in that car lol!!!

Platinum Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10256
Hey BJ I just shot you over an e-mail.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3326
I also had a 83 monte which was almost the same body style as your regal. I also had a 75 and 76 Chevy Laguna S-3 realy loved them cars, also a 75,77 cutlas salon, 77 malibu, 67 belair (straight 6, 3 on the tree) 1979 AMC AMX (tore out the 304 and dropped a 401), 1990 jetta, 1991 BMW 325, 1994 Hundai elantra and then my 2001 GTP which was my first new car, lol. I had a lot of cars, nice and cheap... :-O Polo.

Silver Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 264
Thieves, just go ahead an email me, I dont want to clutter the thread.

James, I didnt get your email. Send it again if you would.

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10300
alright

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10301
are there spaces in your email like above? I sent it again but this time I took the spaces out between BJ and @ and @ and fish

Silver Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 266
LOL, no there is no spaces. I just did that so the bots dont pick up on it, I get too much junk mail from my email addy getting posted around....

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3330
It is gonna be fun cutting the other box out of the foam, lol. See guys now you know why I never finish anything, never really done... POLO..

Upload

Silver Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 267
LOL, looks like fun.

Bronze Member
Username: Bumpin_buick

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 32
What kinda car is that?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »