My Amp is giving me problems

Username: Jclegga

Post Number: 6
hey i hooked up my Rockford amp into my car got the power cable, and ground wire all setup. I thought i hooked up the remote wire correctly but everytime I turn on my car the amp doesnt light up? You have to connect the remote to the back of the cd player on the blue line with a white stripe right? does anyone know what could be going on?

Anonymous

Are you saying that when the car is turned off the amp does light up? if it has high level inputs, plug those up and see if the amp turns on. If it does, then the remote wire isn't working. You could make sure the fuse in the power wire is good (or even hooked up) and double check your ground.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 115
Double Check your GROUND. Make sure it is bare metal. I know it doesnt seem like its the problem but usually it is.

Anonymous

try hooking your remote wire to your fuse box. then see if it come on i just had this same problem yesterday and that is what is was. if you have a multimeter use it to test the current going to it. also be sure to check that the GROUND is on BARE metal not paint
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us