Protect mode?

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1646
my amp goes into protect mode very quick, i havent cranked the gain and never hit less than 12.9, so im guessing that the amp has something screwed up with it somewhere. do any of you guys a good place to send an amp for repair?

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

SD2.5......ED9.1=Boom, New Jersey Lord Protect...

Post Number: 538
Check them out they are pretty good.
http://www.db-r.com/index.html

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

RE SX 15, IA US

Post Number: 2197
make sure ur sub is wired right so it doesnt present too low of a load to the amp too

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 460
yea your speakers are probobly wired wrong

Gold Member

Post Number: 1647
nope, there not. checked over it several times. the amp officially wnet up in smoke today. it was a refurb mm4000.1D but i dont really want to deal with the maxxsonics people so ill probably just pay to ahve it fixed...

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2388
haha maxxsonics amps arent any better after they have een fixed. i had a bx1500 sent to cia engineering came back, and it was horrible. it was always making abuzzing noise was just f.ckd up, eventually blew my brahma mk2 =(

Gold Member

Post Number: 1648
well, as soon as this comes back im going to try and get it outta here and get me a 3250.1

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

BME

Post Number: 3220
Well, if you don't mind opening up the amp and checking around to see what the problem could possibly be. First thing I would look at are the FETs. They are located on both sides of the amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us