Friend needs advice

Bronze Member
Username: Derick06

Rio Grande City, Texas United States

Post Number: 84
A friend of mine is wanting to change his setup and he is looking for some advice. He is currently running a pair of 10w3v2's in a 2.5 ft^3 enclosure @ 35 hz. He really liked my SX but he only wants to spend like 200 dollars on two subs. I suggested him getting a couple of RE re's what do you think he should get with his budget? Oh and he already has a db drive amplifier rated at 600 watts at 1 ohm.

Platinum Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10191
2 typr r's on ebay are close to $200 and will be louder then the re re's.

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 764
For that power Derik, Id get him two DD 512. They are great subs. I'm about to install 2 of em in an eclipse.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3413
mach 5 maw, i think there $100 on ssa.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 11983
dont know cost offhand but for that power 1 suggest 1 12" ATOMIC QUANTUM SERIES ...sounds like 2 12s if done right....

Bronze Member
Username: Derick06

Rio Grande City, Texas United States

Post Number: 85
I had thought about the DD 512's but they are single 4 ohm voice coil wich will be wired to 2 ohms. The type r's would be a good choice as well but won't they need more power? I haven't seen the atomic subs can you give me a link rovin? He doesn't want to upgrade his alternator and he doesn't want to change his amp. Oh and his car is a single cab '99 F-150.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1226
I will probably be selling my RD Classics VERY SOON. I am fixing to change to Alphas. I will probably let them go at $100 a pc. Email me if interested.

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us