Question about mixing subs!!

Silver Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 396
iwas wondering if i would get cancelation if i put 2 8's or 10's in my rear deck and then have 2 12's in a seperate box in my trunk. the shelf speakers will be sealed and the box ones are ported. I am trying to get either 1 infinity 10.1 d or 2 refrence's 8's or 10's. tyhey are being mixed with 2 12.1's

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1424
do not do it

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1579
So you want to put the 8's or 10's in the rear deck? Are you looking for more midbass?

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 397
yea and just in general more bass.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1580
If I were to do what you are thinking, I would use seperate amps for each pair of subs and set the crossovers accordingly....

example: set the 8's or 10's set from 80Hz-200Hz

Set the 12's from just below box tuning to 80Hz

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 398
yea thats prob what i will do but prob more like subsonic to 60hz on the 12's and then 60hz to 150hz on the others .

If i go from my subsonic to 100Hz on both sets of subs for spl burps will that add db's or will there be cancalation?

i have 2 seperate amps a pg R15.0:1 and a Kicker ZX700.5, now i just gotta find a deal on some infinity 8's or 10's. but Is it stupid of me to limit myself to infinity's or will i get similar performance no matter what driver/s i use (obviously nothing shotty like MA or Lanzar subs)

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 402
bump

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 651
try it. Im intruiged (not a great speller....)

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Im just light up my......

Post Number: 2717
a guy on CA was running 8 inch HX2 rckford in his rear deck... he seemed to enjoy them

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2701
You can do what Jesse described with no problems but I would leave a little gap between them like say.... 100-200 and then roll off above 80 on the bigger sub. This will tame the peaks that will occur in that frequency range and also because the crossover slopes are generally only 12-18db per octave.

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1200
Brad sure knows his SH!T

Silver Member
Username: Fearthisskyy

Dallas, Texas United states

Post Number: 423
i would put the 8s in each front door for midbass and have a 3-way set up with a midrange and tweeter in the front, and then have the subs in the trunk.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1623
maybe he doesnt have room up front. i know i def wouldnt for a 8, 6.5 n' tweet. but like brad said each octave has roll-off. its hard to say what to set it at w/out knowing what 8's will be used.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 403
yea i have no room up front i would put them under my seats but there is no room so they are destined for the self. i am going to use the ctd 8's the carbonfiber cone ones with the black basket and frame. also can i just run a bass blocker on these 8's to block out the 80hz and below range or is there somthing else i will need to buy?

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 404
bump. i will be home tommrow finally so i can finally keep up on this and all of my other threads.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us