HELP! Do I need better speakers?

Username: Rikki

Post Number: 1
I have a 2002 Dodge Durango with the infinity sound system (supposedly good) and recently replaced the CD receiver with at Sony Xplod (CDXGT610U) one. My problem is that back seat passengers are having trouble hearing music while it is fine in the front. I have tried adjusting the balance but it doesn't make a whole lot of difference. I am thinking of replacing the rear speakers. Is this necessary? What speakers should I choose considering I do not want to spend too much money?

Post Number: 2
Upon doing some more research I have discovered that the CD receiver I removed had about 180W more power than the one I put in. Would I be able to put all of my stock speakers through an amp and would this solve my problem? If I should then which amp should I buy?

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 9278
What you should've done is take that sony back lol. What made you replace your HU with a grossly underpowered replacement? Like the color?

Research, educate, execute. That order.

TGIF.

Upload

Cheers!

Post Number: 3
Well the colour was appealing but it was the fact that it read mp3 CDs that was appealing, and I didn't know that much about it, so I figured as long as it was compatible, which I was told it was, then everything would be fine. Apparently I should have done more research. What can I do now that I have it though? I'd really rather not go back to the old one or replace it again.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 9306
You're gonna need more power to your rears, meaning an amp to make up for what power you lost switching HU's. Either way you're gonna need to spend more $$.

Post Number: 4
ok fair enough. How powerful an amp would I need, and what amp would you recommend?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us