Deep base in sealed box

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 109
I have 2 12s in a sealed box and I was wanting a lil more deep base. Will filing the box with more wood make the base hit deeper? I thought about going ported becouse I want it louder but that will make me lose the deep notes even more. I dont care a whole lot about sound quality, I just want it loud and deep without switching to 15s.

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 197
no dont put more wood in the box put the filler stuff in there i forgot what its called

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 9257
What do you mean filling with more wood? Reducing the box size with wood?

I would go ported since SQ isn't your concern.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 9258
It's called damping material or fiberfill.

http://web.archive.org/web/20020808224043/integra.cyberglobe.net/caraudio/resour ces/fiberfill/

Thanks Sean.

Silver Member

Post Number: 110
So would fiberfill help out on my deeper notes AND overall make it louder? For example- like the song "late nite tip" (everyone know it so thats why i chose it) there is only 3 main base notes. On the first not (slightley higher that the second and third) my subs hit pretty hard, second note a lot quieter and last (deepest note) wont even hit it. Will that fiber fill make those notes sound better or am i SOL?

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3301
In a sealed box they should all hit somewhat the same. Check your amplifier settings and make sure your Hi-pass or subsonic filter for your sub amp is OFF. A subsonic filter is used mainly in ported enclosures, technically a sealed enclosure should hit 20hz... JMHO Polo. :-)

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 200
if i had the subsonice filter on could this be the reason my subs are cutting out and songs that ht reall hard for a while like Soulja Boys stop den snap

Platinum Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10161
stop den snap????????? what does that mean???? if your SS filter is on it will act as a hp cutoff at whatever frequency it is set to. If it is set to 30 then nothing under 30hz will play. polyfill/fiberfill will help on the deeper notes a little bit because they trick the sub into making the sub think it is in a larger enclosure provided the SS filter is off, if it is on then nothing will help you hit the low notes unless you turn it off. what is your system? amp? sub? box size?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 11951
hey u want loud without caring about SQ then simplest solution would be buy 2 4" aeroports & tune it 40hz ....

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10164
there you go^

whats been good Rovin my man?

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 202
i have 2 kicker cvr 10s with a hifonics 606.1 BXI amp

Silver Member

Post Number: 111
2 12" concept HZs, sealed box (1.25 cubes p/chamber), rockford p6002 amp. i just dont really want to put too much money into this setup becuz its temporary. Just wanting somemore bang for not much buck.

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10168
I am not sure what the enclosure spec's are on that sub I couldnt find them anywhere SomeDon. Do you have them wired to 1 ohm or 4ohms on that amp? do you know the enclosure recc specs?

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 203
i have them wired to 1 ohm and the specs on my box is .8 or 1.0 i cant remeber but its one of them

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10174
Ben what are you talking about? I was talking to the other guy. I have no idea what you are asking! I don't know what stop den snap means my friend so I can't help you out until you speak in English what your problem is.

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 206
Stop den snap is a song that hits really hard on a system ok its from a person called soulja boy ok now my problem is my subs keep cuting out on me when ever i play a couple of songs in a row that the bass hits really hard

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10177
sounds like your amp is cutting out not your subs. Is your amp hot when this happens?

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 207
yeah it does get pretty hot but i thought that was normal. But also when it does this i was able to check my amp once when it did it and it still had the power light on

Silver Member

Post Number: 112
I have no idea what size box the concepts should go into. I cant find it anywhere. It does say frequency response 30-250 tho. Im just gonna have to experiment with some sort of box filling and see what happens. When the subs hit those low note they make an odd sound, almost like they are bottoming out, but theyre not.

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 208
ok not to steal your thread but i have the same stuff basicaly as this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7wgybPDaos
how can i get mine to do the same

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4965
not to steal his thread?? that's all you've done! start your own thread. not only would it be curtious to the original poster, but you'll probably also get more help since everyone wont be confusing the two topics. just a thought.

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

Post Number: 222
^^^ thief!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Imnothereimjustvisiting

Post Number: 65
^^^ post wh0re!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Post Number: 6612
u got 3 options...

buy a pair of 4 inch eroports cut the holes and tuen yoru set up to 36hz-34hz for DEEP BASS

buy some fiberfill and try to put it in the box... it iwll make the box act bigger in sealed and going bigger means more lower extension or DEEP BASS

make another box...

:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Evoixmr

Post Number: 57
SomeDonnieDude:

I've never used the polyfill stuff before, but from what I here it tricks your subs into thinking the box is bigger at the sacrifice of volume. Something about how the polyfill dicipates the heat your subs will acually be less loud with the polyfill.

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

Post Number: 227
we all have our own way of living jogle, deal with it!!!

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 6171
It's called damping material or fiberfill.

Paul Larrea.... "http://web.archive.org/web/20020808224043/integra.cyberglobe.net/caraudio/resour ces/fiberfill/

Thanks Sean."

your welcome

Gold Member

Post Number: 6172
rovin....."hey u want loud without caring about SQ then simplest solution would be buy 2 4" aeroports & tune it 40hz ...."

Just for the record I hate 40 hz tuned boxes you miss so much bass in the music....it drives me crazy......my bro's box is tuned to 35 hz and on ocassion I hear notes I want to hear but the box cant play because its tuned to high im thinking 32 hz is more to my tastes now but it does play up to 56 hz well so cant complain there

Gold Member

Post Number: 6173
Th3Vir3s ....."I've never used the polyfill stuff before, but from what I here it tricks your subs into thinking the box is bigger at the sacrifice of volume. Something about how the polyfill dicipates the heat your subs will acually be less loud with the polyfill."

actually I used polfill in one of our boxes an it went from 45-46 hz port tune to a 39 hz port tune which means it did boost the airspace the subwoofer saw and it not only sounded better it was louder too....we verified it on our spl meter before and after fiberfill

Silver Member
Username: Luisdelbronx

Bronx, NY USA

Post Number: 181
How much louder? im going to do this when i get back to ny. thanks

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10234
it will smooth out the bottoming out that you describe in a sealed enclosure. It wont make a huge difference but it will be noticeably smoother. To get a radical difference in a sealed enclosure you need to boost the size or cut the size by .5cu/ft or better. in ported it is much different and slight change will have a dramatic effect.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us