Rl-p just not loud enough!

Bronze Member
Username: Jdog123

Vestavia Hills, Al United States

Post Number: 91
ok well i have one 12 rl-p in a 1.75 cu. ft. ported box with a zed minilith am running it. its just not getting as loud as i want it. i have everytihng almost all the way up and its pretty loud but nowhwere near what i was getting out of my old profile. i understand there is a 200-300 watt RMS difference but this amp was recommended by many people on here so i figured it was good. its also at least 90 degrees here in the summer now haha damn Alabama weather. its a full metal trunk (1971 lemans) and it sits in the sun all day. could things just be getting too hot for the amp and sub to push at their full potential? would a bigger box help? thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1014
Not familiar with that sub or amp but who did your sub box? You could have 10,000 watts but if you have a crappy box it makes everything suck.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1568
I do believe that the Rl-p is a SQ sub. It just happens to get a little loud. Like mike said, I would start with the box. Also what do you have your box tuned to?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 6167
well running the 12 rlp dual 4 ohm assuming thats what you have this is a stubborn sub to model but a large box like 3.00 cubes net ported to 30 hz (after subwoofer and port) will give you more bottom end but thats about it

Bronze Member
Username: Jdog123

Vestavia Hills, Al United States

Post Number: 92
i built the box myself and took a lot of time on it so i would like to think its not the box. it wasnt my first either. its tuned to 32 hz. and it is the dual 2 running at one ohm. i knew it was an sq sub and thats why i wanted it but it just seems to not play nearly as loud as it used to. could be my ears are used to it now though. would changing the box to like 2 cubic feet be worth the extra effort to build a new box? thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 763
The difference in loudness could be distortion caused by the profile amp. Have you adjusted your gains right?

If I were you, and you were me, and sean wasn't so ghey about reporting topics, then i would check my gains and connections.

Silver Member
Username: Denim

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 422
Try building a 2.0 @34hz box first. I prefer mine in 2 cubes. You can ask other SoundSplinter customers on the SoundSplinter forum at www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us