Need some Help

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4821
yo, wsup guys? havent been on for a while here at ecoustics. well i got a question cause its too dark outside and late to work on my car to try diff thing.

so i got my comp amp, a jl 300/2 for my comps. i havent hooked the comps up or anything, i just installed the amp today. Both amps turn on fine and everything, so it seems everything is wired right.

I have my Signal RCA's from my deck stright to my COMP AMP, and then from COMP AMP OUTPUT TO SUB AMP INPUT. thats how i have everything ran right now. When i ran the signal cables to my sub amp first, i got this horrible noise out of my back speakers each time i changed tracks, so i switched it and ran them first to my comp amp, and im not gettin that noise anymore.

Now today i hooked up my subs and nothing is coming out of them now, both amps are powered up and on, and i didnt change any of the settings on my sub amp or change anything to the wiring of the sub amp or wiring of the subs.. I dont know why nothin is comin out of them?? both amps are powering up, and i dont know why im not getting power to my subs. since im runin the signal cables to the comp amp first do i have to do some certain settings on the jl 300/2 or somthin? i dont know why this is happenin and i cant go work on it cause its too late

sry bout the length guys, help a bro out

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4822
bump it

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1567
Bump for BM3

Silver Member
Username: Fearthisskyy

Dallas, Texas United states

Post Number: 412
why don't you run separate RCAs to each amp and see if that solves the problem...

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4823
cause i only have one pair out outputs on my HU :-(

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4281
My guess is that the comp amp is filtering out the low frequencies.

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Future 15 Wanger!!, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2058
isnt there like a splitter u can buy that splits the one into two?

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4824
here is all the controls on the jl amp, take a quick look and tell me if somethin should be set to somethin certain, remember, i have it ran from deck, to the jl amp, then to my sub amp:

mobile.jlaudio.com/pdfs/Slash_amps/300_2_MAN.pdf

Gold Member

Post Number: 4282
"isnt there like a splitter u can buy that splits the one into two?"

There is.They're called Y Cables.You would need 2 Y cables of a single female to 2 male.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4825
ok, wtf. now i ran the signal cables from my HU to my sub amp first, and then used the outputs from the sub amp to connect with the jl amp and everything works fine now.. except for that really bad popping noise out of my back coaxial speakers when i change tracks etc.. but now it makes me wonder if somthin is wrong with the jl outputs or somthin..

Gold Member

Post Number: 4289
Try hooking your RCAs to a different signal such as an IPOD or discman.

Platinum Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10151
how are your coax's being powered? by the deck or by the 300/2?

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1411
your front comps aren't popping are they?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us