Technical Difficulties ...

Username: Damartin1984

Post Number: 1
Recently I was driving and made a sharp turn and some wires were pulled loose from my amplifier. Among them was the remote/power/ground. Immediately after this occurred my front driver side speaker became extremely loud, making cracking and popping noises. After that my power and ground wires touched and blew the fuse on the amp (the one connecting the amp to the battery) and the fuses on the amp were blown. I removed the front speaker, hooked the wires back up to the amp , replaced all the fuses that were blown and the system will not work. I removed the subs and checked to make sure the wires were still connected, they were. I am at a loss. Any tips, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It may also be worth noting I have had the entire system since 2002. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 6157
you blew your amp by the sounds of it

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4229
The amp is fried.This is why you must always mount your amplifier(s) to something and make sure nothing can interfere with it's wiring.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6158
you need to make sure everything is firmly mounted and stationary

Gold Member

Post Number: 6159
next time I mean

Gold Member

Post Number: 4231
One way of testing everything is to hook up a different amp and if your speakers and everything work fine then you know the amplifier is blown.

Post Number: 3
thanks for the help so far. i was thinking the amp was ok because it turns on like it should. but it doesn't even begin to give power to the subs. i was wondering if it couldn't possibly be something with the deck (cd player).

Post Number: 4
and the wires have come out of the amp many times before but i have never had to replace the fuses on the amp, just the fuse from the battery to the amp.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4233
That's a possibility David.Get yourself an Ipod with an headphone to RCA Y cable and plug that straight into your amp and see if it works.

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Future 15 Wanger!!, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2057
it the wires have came out before i think thats a sign that u should mount the amp and make sure it doesnt happen...lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 6160
^^^^thats what I thought earlier too but didnt say anything ....anyway
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us