Angle Cuts

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1376
Can you make angle cuts with a circular saw?? I just have a basic circular saw and i was wondering if there are any tricks to making angle cuts bc i wanna build an amp rack and a box tomorrow maybe

Ex. Rear slanted box

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2671
Sure. All circular saws have a bevel adjustment that changes the angle of the foot, and are generally adjustable to 45 degrees -- or more on higher end models. Loosen the bevel knob, choose an angle on the built in grid, cut a scrap piece of wood to check the final result and you're good to go. Just always remember to unplug the saw before you make any adjustments.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 1383
fluckkkk haha just looked at the saw (its new, havent opened it yet) and its the easiest thing ever.....haha thanks though i feel dumb now...excited to make angle cuts though

Bronze Member
Username: Thed42

Post Number: 98
Cal, your a piece of shitt newB. Have you ever made a sub box? Doesn't sound like it.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 1393
thanks for the advice mark!

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 1400
and also, i feel like such a noob guys.....how do i make my cuts as true as possible, just today i was just messin around with the circ saw building some cornhole sets but my cuts weren't all that true....

any tips? its really frustrating me

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4288
Clamp a straight edge to the board you're cutting and use it as a fence or guide.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 1404
i could prolly just use a 2x4 as a straightedge right?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2737
Use a pine 1x4. 2x4's tend to be too tall for most saws to clear. I have a 6' piece of pine that I ran thru my table saw first to make it straight, then use that as a straight edge. Also, the 1x4 gives you roon on the sides to clamp it. Just make sure you line the blade up where you want to cut, then clamp the fence. It takes a little time to set up, but straight cuts will save a lot of time putting it together. How you cutting the hole? Router or jig saw?
I prefer Jigsaw with a good blade. I draw the cut out with pencil, then cut on the line, and fine tune with a belt sander... I dont cut enough circles to justify a circle jig. Good luck.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 9259
It's nice to have a table saw and if you're really lucky a panel saw. Perfect for accurate cuts in sheet goods. If I made boxes for a living I would certainly have a panel saw. If you're carpeting the box you can always smooth out the edges with a belt sander after you assemble the box. I use a cheap circle compass for my holes and jigsaw it. Works for me.

Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us