i have a 1999 Mitsubishi Montero sport and the system i am currently running is
2 Infinity Kappa 12's in a folded horn box
2 Infinity Reference 6.5's mounted in the front door
2 JVC 6x9's mounted in 6x9 boxes
a Alpine 600w x 4ch for my mids
and a Rockford t400.2 for my subs
and a Pioneer indash DVD player

my problems are as follows
my subs i know are capable of mind numbing bass but they dont seem to be putting out as well as they could i turn the bass up but it causes my mids to sound crappy and im a big fan of having good mids which is another problem of mine my mids are very quiet in the low volumes being overpowered by the bass and when i turn up my high adjustments i cannot get the volume adjust past 11 without my mids cutting out is there anything i can do to correct this? also on my deck i cannot get it to play DVD's when ever i put in a DVD weather it be in park or not it says video cannot be played while driving what can i do to correct this?

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1584
well turing up bass increase the bass frequency to all speakers unless you have a sub output. Mids may cut out due to error in tuning the system. As for your statement of mind numbing bass and then output is not that great you're contradicting what you're saying. Pesonally the subs aren't that good and there are better perforoming subs out there. Also try moving the direction the subs are firing in your SUV. Also get someone to tune your setup for you. As for the DVD not working, depending on what Pioneer DVD unit you have, find the work around for the DVD to play whenever, just don't get pulled by the cops.

Username: Blitzd55

Post Number: 2
i believe my head unit is a AVH-P4900DVD. as far as the mids go should i have no problems getting loud clear mids off of the 4 channel 600 watt amp or should i leave my current amp for my 6x9's and then get another 380-400 watt 4 channel for my 6.5's? and i appologize for my wording about the bass output of my subs what i meant to say was when it first got installed the subs were hitting so hard that i could feel my throat vibrating and quite literally making my head a little numb lol but my mids werent as loud as i would have liked them so i adjusted my settings and cant quite seem to get it right that is why i am trying to find a way to streamline my mids would Bass caps be a good idea? i have also thought about going with a equalizer. thank you for your help

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 729
maybe a crimped wire somewhere along the line? bad ground? if your mids are horribly overpowered, tune your system so it sounds good...not just bassy...

Username: Blitzd55

Post Number: 3
ok i can try that but like i said before i am having trouble getting the balance cause when i turn up the highs and mids to my ,idrange soeakers to get the volume out of them id like they cut out and i tried to balance it out by turning my subs down but they arent doing what i purchased them to do when it comes to my sound i like loud bass but at the same time i like loud clear mids and i like them to be separate and i am having complications achieving this i can only manage to get one or the other that is why i am contemplating running my mids off of 2 amps instead of just one cause i think i might be pulling too much off of the one amp im running and then to even further isolate the sound apart i was wondering what would be a better choice a equalizer or some bass caps thank you for your assistance and i hope to hear back soon
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us