New box Atlas 12's

Silver Member
Username: Redrange

Mo Hill, California USA

Post Number: 248
I had my atlas 12's in a 1 cubic ft box hit low really well switched to a 1.3 doesnt sound as good any suggestions?Both sealed boxes...Would puttin that polycotton or wutever it is help any on the low end?

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 9200
Polyfill would only increase the box's apparent volume. Just add displacement in the box and see/hear what it does. Wouldn't hurt.

Silver Member

Mo Hill, California USA

Post Number: 249
Displacement meaning?

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 9201
Just add 1/3 cu's of displacement to the inside of your current box, thus mirroring your other box. Displacement meaning anything solid that takes up space. Screw extra pieces of wood down on the inside or make a 1/3 cu'd box and secure it inside somehow. Anything to "displace" the amount of space you need to achieve the 1 cu's you had before. If it doesn't work simply remove it. No harm done.

Silver Member

Mo Hill, California USA

Post Number: 250
Gothca TY very much

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3395
do you have the AA atlas? if so have you tried the changing qts?

Silver Member

Mo Hill, California USA

Post Number: 251
Wuts the qts? lol new to most of the stuff

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3396
so you do have the ascendant audio atlas? if you do it should have 2 VC's, so it has 2 terminals one silver the other gold, the gold terminals adjust the qts of the sub, if you leave it open it has high qts which gives the sub a "deeper" sound useally better for sealed boxes, while if you run a "jumper" wire between the the + and - it gives the sub low qts which gives the sub more of a "kick" which is better for ported boxes. for me the low qts has better sq but the high qts seems louder espically if your box is sealed. hope this makes sense.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us