Bass Advice

Silver Member
Username: Kaprese

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 374
Alright I have a JVC KD-G210 cd player it dosen't have sub-out or crossovers it's a basic HU (bass,treble,etc) I have my gains on amp set right, my bass goes from -6 to +6 so could I now turn my bass up to +6 without clipping my subs ? and also can I use the loud button on my HU. I have used it before and it makes a differnce to my sub outputs ? if not how far should I ever turn my bass up ?

Bronze Member
Username: Sqcheap

Grand rapids, Michigan Usa

Post Number: 52
It is hard to say, you can use any button or adjustment you want of course. Your subs will clip when the amp runs out of power or the subs get out of control, depending on what kind of mounting they are in and what driver they are, etc. Your bass and loudness will increase the signal to the subs and they will clip at a lower volume on the HU than without the added signal, though most loudness circuits die out at higher volume settings. You need a scope to find out exactly when the subs/amp clip, but usually you can tell by the sound when they are clipping/distorting/topping/etc. That is when you risk damage to them. It makes a big difference what amp/subs/enclosure you are using. Even voltage changes such as car running or not can change how loud they can safely go.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us