Ot anyone own a motorcycle?

Gold Member
Username: Mygame5982

I Got More Watts Then ..., TEXAS US

Post Number: 2207
i think im going to buy a motorcycle for my 18 birthday.
ever since the age of 14 i have been in love with them. Since i have a car i can finally get one just to ride on the weekends.
i think it will make a nice toy for me.
i think im going to finance it, shouldnt b too expensive and insurance my parents can take care of.
what do you guys think.
i think im going to buy a gsxr750

Gold Member

Post Number: 2208
or a yamaha R1
between those two

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1344
i feel bad for your parents, insurance is gonna be thousands of dollars a year on the easy end

Silver Member
Username: M0nkeyman692

Post Number: 285
actually motorcycle insurance is muuch cheaper than car insurance. and if i were you i would go with the r1 you would be much happier. although they are both great bikes. ive always wanted one too but my parents say i cant get one till im either moved out or when i turn 18

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2727
I think those bikes too fast for a first bike.
May want to think about starting smaller till you know how to handle a bike. They aint toys.

My 96 BMW F 650 ST

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 9168
I've owned several. 1972 CB350, 1984 Magna, 2001 Intruder 1400. James, take my advice, with as young as you are stay AWAY from the cr0tch rockets. That gixer 750 will turn you into road kill fast. Your dad's a trooper right? He should know what they're capable of. I always wanted one at your age as well. Glad I never got one starting out. Those bikes have ane INSANE horsepower to weight ratio and are made for only one thing. I recently had to sell my intruder because I'm a single parent who can't afford to go down anymore. I would lose everything. When my kids are older I'll buy back into bikes, it's just not worth it right now.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 2164
"i feel bad for your parents, insurance is gonna be thousands of dollars a year on the easy end"

ogle just paid a couple hundred bucks for a full year of full coverage

Gold Member

Post Number: 2210
hmmmm ionno.
the R1 is a beautiful bike, it depends....
i MIGHT get the R6 for a first bike but i think i can handle the R1.
yea my dad already told me about the insurance, we have a good agent she will hook us up.
im not really that young im basically eighteen right now. Another year i will b 19.
lol
nice bike marc

Gold Member

Post Number: 2211
and really im going to get it for my new hobby.
i want to customize it little by little. by the time i turn nineteen, it should b decked out and i should be a pro rider.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1347
"ogle just paid a couple hundred bucks for a full year of full coverage"

for a motor bike???? how old are you guys, i thought you were like my age...i looked into a honda cbr and im 17 with no points and the insurance was gonna be like 3 times what it is for my jeep

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

BME

Post Number: 3214
After my Yukon is done, I plan on getting into building my own custom chopper :-). That'll be my new hobby starting next year sometime.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4145
That's a nice bike Marc.Good luck building your own Chopper.I hope you're very mechanically inclided and good at geometry.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6408
Okay what planet are you guys from? Bike insurance in Canada is like $3000 - $4200 per year for sport bikes!
One of the biggest reason why I don't have bike license. I think we get ripped off too much in Canada.

Bronze Member
Username: Imnothereimjustvisiting

Post Number: 29
yeah im only 17 and i have a 750 street bike so to get my class M lisence i had to take a "basic motorcycle course." that makes it to where i can get my class m (250cc+) instead of a class l (150cc-). i thought insurance would be more but its 204 dollars a year for full coverage. expect to pay more for a rotch crocket but shouldnt be as much as ur car.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9185
Because of my age and bike my insurance was only like $275/year full coverage. That's with claim free and renewal discounts.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Im just light up my......

Post Number: 2644
hayabusa FTW

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4170
I like the Hayabusa but everyone complains that it's too wide and too heavy.It's fast but doesn't handle as well as other bikes.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2212
aey ogle..
what bike u have man?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6412
Paul how old are you? How in the world can you get $275/year insurance on anything nowdays? For that amount, I can't even insure a dog.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2221
lmfao..
paul is about fourty..around that age..
but man i wish i had a bike

Gold Member

Post Number: 6413
A $250 bicycle/scooter with a battery powered motor costs more than $275 in Canada to insure. In fact, you have to have separate license for motorized scooters/mopeds and bikes. How ghey is that? Who in their right mind will get license to ride a scooter that travesl 20mph and pay over $300 in insurance and license fees?

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 2186
lol f@ck bikes...ima get me a scooter :P

Gold Member

Post Number: 9189
I'm 35 Isaac. Been riding for 19 years. Insurance in Jersey is the worst but I've been a safe rider and keep my driving record clean. I get a 15% discount every year I renew and you get credits for attending safety awareness programs. I don't ride a cr0tch rocket and insure it as pleasure use. If I was 18, just bought a 140hp machine, and just got my license I would expect to pay $1500-$2000/year or more. If you're starting out I don't recommend anything over 500-750cc. Once you hit 750cc the insurance companies dread you. They call them organ doners.

My second bike was a 500cc bike and was plenty fast. Unless you have years of experience the big bore bikes will only get an overzealous teenager killed. 11 second 1/4 miles, 200mph top speed straight out of the crate is insane. Some dealerships won't even sell them until you attend the courses. I see the appeal. To get that kind of performance on 4 wheels you'd have to spend $75,000. I've just seen to many nightmares......

Gold Member

Post Number: 9190
Oh and thanks James. I'm half a decade away from 40. I feel much better now lol.

Silver Member
Username: Brynm

Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 278
Where in Canada are you from Isaac? You should move to Saskatchewan, Rates are dirt cheap here and they go strictly by year and engine size so a gxr600 would be the same as any other 600
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us