Cuting in cutting out

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 151
ok yall i have a quick question i got a new box for my subs and now if i am riding for more then like 20 minutes they will just cut out and wont play until i turn the radio off why is it doring this

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1329
sounds to me like your amp is going into protect mode....check your gain settings and all connections

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 152
ok i will should i follow the way this web sites tells me to set it subwoofertools.com

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 154
ok i checked everything out and listened to it in park trin to get them to cut out and they did but the amp didnt go into protect its like the subs did. can they do that

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 1335
...ehh i dont think so, but you're sure the amp didn't go into protect?.....hmmm....

it didnt do that with the old box????

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 155
yeah postive the amps staying with the power light on and yeah it did do it in the old box but i figured since the box was almost blown apart that was the reason

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 1342
what subs do you have and what amp do you have....is it possible you have em wired incorrectly? (meaning your connections are A ok but the ohms are all messed up)

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 1343
include VC configs and amp specs if possible

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 158
allright i got two kicker 10 Compvr's and if i am not mistaken they can be wired in either 2 or 4 ohm settings i have them ran to a hifonics 606.1 bxi mono amp and the subs are wired in parallel

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 653
make sure your ground wire and power wire are stripped good enough make sure the are not a burnt color becaus that happend to me before subs would cut out because my wires were like fried so i restripped the wires and worked great ever since should just give it a shot

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1511
are your subs dual 2 ohm or dual 4 ohm?

2 Dual 2 ohm subs wire to 2 ohm.

2 dual 4 ohm subs wire to 1ohm or 4 ohm

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 160
ok from what i have read on my subs they say that you can select them te be either dual 2's or dual 4's and i have them wired together to get a 1 ohm load

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1517
lol...no you either buy them as DVC 2 ohm or DVC 4 ohm. Then wire them accordingly.

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 166
ok will i guess there DVC 4 ohm because i am getting a 1 ohm load
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us