Help! both amps wont turn off

Bronze Member
Username: Splfreak7564

Michigan

Post Number: 77
i just hooked up a 400 watt amp for 6x9's,4x6 and when my car is turned off both amps still are running. I have a distributor the feeds off two 8 gauge lines and ran remote turn on to other amp from my old amp. Connected RCA'S to both amps and made a ground. any one got any idea why both still run when car is off.

Username: Strangedays

Ballina, NSW Australia

Post Number: 2
try checking your remote cabling for continuity?
you never know, you may have picked up a break in the cable, the very same problem kept draining the battery in another car I had.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2723
disconnect the remote lead from one amp at a time. If it goes out, then you have the wrong remote wire. If you cant find the reote wire from the HU, then use a switched power source from the fuse panel as a new remote turn on. But if you have a meter, verify that the remote turns on/off with HU. If it does, then there may be a problem with the amps. Unlikly, but possible. I bet its a rem wire thats not wired to the right HU wire.

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 78
problem solved.... i was using speaker wire to connect the two amps remote turns on's... so i just took that out and used the actual remote turn on wire and problem is fixed.

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 79
anyone know how i would run my front door 4x6s to my amp in back?

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1508
speaker wire straight from the speaks to the amp terminals...

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 80
i know that but they are in my door so how do i run that?

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 81
i know that but the speakers are in my door so how do i get around that to wire them to the amp in back>?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1515
....take out the speakers from the door... disconnect the wires that run from your deck, from the back of the speakers. Now run speaker wire to the amp terminals.......How and where you choose to run the wire is up to you.

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 83
word

Gold Member

Post Number: 1520
word!

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 84
ya cant even get my speakers to work on my amp.... anything special i gotta do to get them workin? i hooked my 6x9s up to the amp terminals and nothing.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1523
Do you have the power, ground and remote hooked up? Do you have your rca's ran to the amp from the deck?

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 85
power yes, ground yes, remote yes, rca's i just hooked pluged into my sub amp then connected them to my other amp. iam guessing this is my problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us