Canaan

Silver Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

2 RE8s,PG Xenon 400.1, New Numbers ...

Post Number: 638
Well, there might be enough wire to rewire the subs to 1ohm, but.....I'm gonna have to get more connectors to redo the connections.
Also, I took the subs out last night to see what I would need to do to rewire them... and I noticed something about the port....you put the PVC together with DUCT TAPE,wtf? Why didn't you use PVC glue? the port moves some, so whenever I get the stuff to rewire them, looks like I'm gonna have to get some PVC glue, and redo the port.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

BME

Post Number: 3210
Its put together with duct tape that way if you wanted to change the tuning, you can take out the pvc pipe, cut it, make it longer to change the tune. Now if you were to permantly attach the flare and pvc pipe together, you won't have this option no more. Up to you. But this is how everyone else does it from what I know.

Silver Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

2 RE8s,PG Xenon 400.1, New Numbers ...

Post Number: 639
ok, just wondering how long it will hold with duct tape. of course ...I don't plan on changing the tuning, sounds great as it is.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 5153
Yea...w/ flared ports most people use duct-tape.

When i originally built the box, it was just a box to hear the 8's, so i wanted be able to change the tuning if i wanted. (I was kinda thinking about trying SPL w/ em :-)) I never got around to hearing them, so i left the tuning at 35hz.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us