34hz

Silver Member
Username: Kaprese

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 355
I listen to all hip-hop so would 34hz tuning be good for a SQL setup for 2 12"s (slot-port)and would it still have decent low extension

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 356
open to opinions.....I want the best of both WORLDS!!!

Gold Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 1002
I mean of course the subwoofers you are using would be a better way of determining the tuning frequency of your enclosure. Just tuning it based on what music you listen to, isn't the correct way to go about it. But generally 34hz tuning will sound great for rap music if you subs can hit the lows real well.

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 524
i run at 34 hz for rock and rap shakes decently hard. but i would bump it down to 32 hz for rap. at least that's what i learned from most box builders i talk to. even though i built mine. "drivingwreckless" designed mine

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 525
forgot to say but yea to dial it in drp what subs u have?????????????????

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 357
some cheap Pioneer TSW301R (150rms) I am putting them in my little brother car

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 358
but I know he is look for SQL and ain't 32hz a bit on the SQ side

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 359
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-IFdhaZiwKpx/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=520&tab=features _and_specs&i=130TSW301R#Tab

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 360
I guess I am looking for the highest tuning but still stay in the rap/SPL/SQ range if thats possible....if not just a good SQL tuning

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 361
anyone before I go to bed

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 362
any suggestions the link to those subs are above

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 363
what is a good tuning for these subs __HZ

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 3909
septuple post FTL!!!!

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 366
DRIVINGRECKLESS can you tell me a good SQL tuning for these subs ?

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SOUND SPLINTER RL-S ON...

Post Number: 14751
36hz

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 367
alright thanks chad I hope you ain't pulling my leg

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14753
when i had a pioneer sub, i tuned it to 36hz and it sounded nice. i first tuned it to 32hz but i didn't like it so i cut the aeroport so it was 34hz. still didn't like it so i cut it so it was tuned to 36hz and bammmmm, it sounded nice.

you gotta remember though, depends on vehicle what your port will peak at. even though you tune a box to 36hz doesn't mean it will peak at 36hz. your car accoustics play a big part on what your box is going to be tuned to. best way is to use aero ports or pvc ports. that way you can adjust the tuning to fit you best.

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 368
alright thanks chad again

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4107
^What Chad said.If you don't like the lower tuning you can just cut the port and tune it higher.

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 369
alright so this would be a good SQL tuning you think?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 11933
i agree with chad

wasnt there already a thread on this & i answered it there ......

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3262
Everything has a resonation frequency, EVERYTHING even houses, lol. There will be frequencies your car will like and there will be some that it won't and sound horrible. Even rocks have resonation frequencies and are very accurate that is why they use quartz in watches for the timing mechanism, fact... Polo. :-)

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 370
alright guys I am already done building the port and guess what.........it sounds good as H*ll it hits the lows just right and the upper bass is right on point thanks I will see if I can get a video up a little later I will let you know this afternoon

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 371
a small little question when you raise the freq. doesn't that increase output and raise db's some what?

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3263
Yes.. Higher the frequency, higher the DB's. This is why it takes a great deal more surface area to get a high spl score at lower frequencies. Polo.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14756
higher frequencie = amp runnig more efficient? yes or no polo.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4113
"Yes.. Higher the frequency, higher the DB's. This is why it takes a great deal more surface area to get a high spl score at lower frequencies. Polo."

That's not always the case :-)

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 342
how do you test for your cars r-freq. Should you take a sealed box and run a sub through test tones till you hit the loudest?

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3264
More waves, more frequency more spl. This is in the law of nature, cannot be changed. Whether or not it is the case inside of your vehicle is up to god, lol. But ya higher frequencies yield higher SPL shearly due to the number of waves per cycle (hz) now this goes up with the amount of power given increasing the length of the crest. Now Chad this is dependant on the sub/enclosure characteristics from what I have been told and learned that at resonance the sub will draw significantly less power and the subs excursion will be at a minimal. You use a db meter, a smallish sub in a sealed enclsoure, then due a sweep at the same level all the way through until you hit a peak. Polo.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14764
well i want to know if the amp draws more current when its producing lower frequencies than high frequencies. if that is the case then that explains why alot of competitors choose cars with high resonant freq to use as spl cars.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3265
A car with a higher peak will produce a higher db. This is why they tune them boxes so damn high, lol. Now as far as power use that depends on the avtive load(lowest imp) of the subs in corolation with box tune, etc. I am in no way an expert but subs produce different loads at different frequencies so at the lowest available load the sub produces will give the most available power at that frequency set BUT does not mean it will be the loudest there due to in vehicle acoustics/box tuning. Now as far when the sub/box reach the resonant frequency of that particular enclosure will result in the least amount of power used and you will notice that the sub is moving a lot less. I think if they were reaching such high efficiency levels they wouldn't need 12 subs and 20,000 watts, lol. Polo..

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 373
......Interesting it seems you guys no everything about car audio

Well I have 1 last question I know it's not about what you guys are on.

-What is normally the best sub placement in trunk installs, I have sub and port on 1 side, rear firing towards trunk.Do you think I would get better SPL and SQ with aiming the subs and port into cabin.(The box is 4.6cuft in my small SAturn SL2 so it basically takes up the whole trunk I have to take off my trunk lock to slide the box in.But if I was to face it into the cabin it would basically be sealed off from the trunk.Any suggestions "seats fold down but I normally don't put them down because those who do don't have a loud system to begin with" lol lol in my opinion
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us