Is my sub damaged???

Silver Member
Username: Nvmyboom

Post Number: 284
i have an ssd 12" sub and the tensils on one side of the sub have dented in the padded part that rests on the cone. its not ripped, just two dent marks ABOVE the tensils, my other sub does not have this and neither does the other side of my qustionable damaged sub. please help

Silver Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

SSD Wangin, Shawano, Wis... USA

Post Number: 868
does it affect the performance at all?

Silver Member

Post Number: 285
i dont believe so, but i dont want future problems to occur either, i just dont know anything about this so i would really appreciate some help from people that have owned the sub or know what their talkin about

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 2132
does it make any noises ?

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1821
Pics of said damage.

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 190
Most likely it's just the tinsels rubbing. What kind of power are you giving it, and it what enclosure? If ported what's the tuning frequency and what is your subsonic filter set to?

Bronze Member
Username: Imnothereimjustvisiting

Post Number: 23
hes got a hifonics 2006 but i have the gain low bc he needs a ho alt. but yeah hes gettin like 1200 watts between the 2. box is 5 cuft 33 hz built by the best box builder in the u.s. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4092
This is why I don't like Fi subs.Stupid problems with the tinsels a lot of the time.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Post Number: 6564
i said your sub is pretty fucked up....

hahah sucks to be you loser.........

jk...

but checkit out talk to scott that rip migth make your spider to break and or rip and separate from the voice coil... check that out liek i said send an email to scoot OPS i mean SCOTT

Silver Member

Post Number: 286
its not ripped, just dented in where the tensils are hitting, no tear at all, and i dont believe it makes any noises but i wouldnt be able to tell anyways, wat u guys think??? i just need to know if i should send it back or not.

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 729
Tinsel slap will occur. Happened to a SSD I installed.

Scott is going to make you pay for the shipping to get it repaird. Sucks when you have to pay for a design mistake that the designer has known about.

Silver Member

Post Number: 287
ok, well, i wont send it back unless it messes up, thanks nick, thats what i needed to hear. did it affect ur sub any???

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 9105
I like what some subs have that eliminate tinsel slap. The "woven into spider" tinsel. (Forget the technical term lol). My eclipse has it and so does the new Mag. Never pushed a sub hard long enough to ever have a problem but it's nice to have.

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 732
It make a very annoying slapping noise. Thats the reason why I got rid of my Fi SSD, and moved to a different company.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 3168
" This is why I don't like Fi subs. Stupid problems with the tinsels a lot of the time "

Agreed, that is why I don't recommend them to people anymore. Well, that and the spider issues with the BTLs.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3259
I wanted one of those RE destroyers people are just about giving away but noticed the tinsels and could just hear the slapping, lol. My Treo has woven tinsel leads and never had a problem. Polo.. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4114
I keep saying that Scott needs to recall all of those subs with tinsel issues but it's never going to happen.

Silver Member

Post Number: 734
No Rob, he would lose money. God forbid.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us