18" subs

Silver Member
Username: Turnmat

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 391
I am looking to get 1 18" sub... i am going for max spl with descent sound quality. What is the best 18" sub out their that will do that? Right now i have a single Audioque 15" sub. So should i get that moded to the 18" or can i do better?

As for a box i have 6.45 cu ft before displacement and i will have appoximently two thousand watts.

Any suggestons would be much appreciated

thanks,
Matt

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4085
It's all about budget.I'd go with an 18'' Atomic APXX.

Silver Member

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 393
not to worried about cost...

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 186
How much power? I love my Fi BTL 18s. Still sound great while getting some good spl.

Silver Member

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 394
2000 watts rms

Gold Member

Post Number: 4086
"not to worried about cost..."

Everyone says that but when they realize how much things can end up costing they re-think that.Get yourself a DD 9518.

Silver Member

Post Number: 189
OK, 2000 rms you'd be good with a Fi BL 18 with BP option. around $350. I wouldn't really go with the BTL unless you intended to get more power than that later on. The 9518s would be great too, but at a much higher cost, and would appreciate power the way the BTL would.
I like the SQ of the BL and BTL pretty good too..

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 122
I have an 18" eclipse titanium pro sub..it has great sound quality for an 18, rated at 3000 watts rms and a quad 1 ohm VC...i highly recommend it look on google type this in " eclipse sw9182pro "

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1197
Hey matt, with 2000 rms, the RD Alpha 18 would be suweeet :-). Shoot me an email, we got a little sale going on the Alpha 18's.

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com

Silver Member

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 395
How does the Rd Alpha compare to the Rd elite spl woofer in spl capabilties?

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1123
BNIB 18" Q for $270

unheard of, jump it

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1198
The Elite has little more power handling, and will have little more output. The Alpha is one of the best all around subs for loud daily.

Kevin

Silver Member

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 396
As soon as i sell my Audioque i will contact you Kevin

thanks,
matt

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 699
18" alpha ftw :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Deadrabit

Post Number: 27
ok i have been doin a bunch of time online and talking to people cause i am getting an 18 inch too. what i have got from all of it is that the FI blt is the loudest sub. the new audioque HD3 is great too but the Fi is best

Gold Member

Post Number: 4099
I'm sorry but with Fi and their tinsel problems I can't recommend something that's going to have problems...oh yea...that's right,they fixed it with a little piece of cloth on the spider?

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1200
LMAO !! Rob.

Ok Matt, I will be looking forward to talking with you. What amp will you be running to the Alpha? Now Goodie, GET IT INSTALLED!!! :-)

Benjamin, please read this post from a recent Alpha buyer.
http://www.realmofexcursion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32714

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1480
ok well the btl is no where near the loudest sub made in an 18 ... lets get that straight ... please think about ur answer before typing .. maybe falling in a certain power range around 1800-2k itll be one of the best ... but certainly not the loudest.

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1201
Hey Mike, shoot me an email, I need to ask you a question :-)

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1481
sent u an email kev

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1606
mike with 2K i dont think the BTL is one of the loudest, ive heard the stock BTL's are pretty efficient but when you add the 3rd slug efficiency goes down

with 2500-4K i would reccomend a BTL but around 2K id go wtih alpha anyday. ( and im even leary to rec. a BTL considering everyone has been having problems with tensil slap lately )

the alpha is flatter than the elite SPL and geared more for daily. the elite SPL is flat around 40 hz to 60 hz, and is geared more for burps

Silver Member

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 397
I was thinking of running two hifonics Bxi 1206d

or

two Jbl GTO 1201.1

or

one hifonics Bxi 2607d

I have not decided yet...at the moment i am running a hifonics Bxi 1606d

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1202
Matt, if you can you could match the Alpha with a RD 1750.1 or a Medellin 1.1K :-)

Kevin

Silver Member

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 398
Kevin you have email

Matt

Silver Member

Post Number: 197
I have 2 BTL 18s, I've ordered 2 more- if that shows how much I like them.
I've had no problems with tinsel slap. I've enjoyed every minute of my btls, and they've taken the abuse great. My brother has a pre-BP option Fi BL that handles a bxi2006 with out a hitch- to me it could handle a little more than that. A Fi BL with options would be a great choice with 2000 watts imo. Again, I've been pretty rough on the subs I've had experience with, and they handle it great. almost all of the people that've had problems have been either playing below tuning without setting their ssf properly, or clipping the bejeezus out of them.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4112
Troy if you do a little research you'll find out a bit more about people having problems with Fi subs.There's actually been a few big time competitors that have had problems with their whole setup of subs(Walled subs) so...BUT any sub can have problems.It's just some of the things I have heard about Fi and Scott were pretty dissapointing.

Silver Member

Post Number: 198
I've heard several people having problems, but those I've talked to seem to have had an install problem that caused the btls to get damaged.

People buy the BTL and want to give it 5000watts or more, though it's rated 2000rms, without careful tuning and setting their filters properly. I'm not saying that happened with all the people who've had problems, but many of them.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Im just light up my......

Post Number: 2613
cant believe someone from low hertz and logan suggested rd... hmm... i's gey an LMS 5200 before prices go mad

Gold Member

Post Number: 4123
"I've heard several people having problems, but those I've talked to seem to have had an install problem that caused the btls to get damaged.

People buy the BTL and want to give it 5000watts or more, though it's rated 2000rms, without careful tuning and setting their filters properly. I'm not saying that happened with all the people who've had problems, but many of them."

I hear you on that Troy and just look at Steve Meade,his BTLs slam hard and I haven't heard of him having problems so...a lot of people run BTLs and don't have problems.It's a hit or miss type of thing.

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 2141
"It's a hit or miss type of thing."

Ehh...It's all about who/how you install it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 199
I know I'm giving mine a memphis 4k each, again, without any problems. Then I hear people blow them with 2-3000 watts, and I have to say, unless there really is a difference in the subs I have and the ones they're receiving, there must be some user error in there somewhere imo. I could be wrong, but that's my thoughts.

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi

Post Number: 2133
i agree with pretty much everything troy says...

they are good subs at a good price.

i also feel a VERY large majority of people who had problems with their subs had a user error in there somewhere.

i blasted my BLs for months and when i removed and inspected them they still appeared brand new. i even have minimal wear on the tinsel pads.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3379
does any1 on this forum recomend anything besides FI, and RD? i say if price isn't an issue get a shocker sig, badazz spl sub right there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us