Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 594
The 14th to Myrtle Beach.

But im going to be gone!!!

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 184
Lol, his new stuff sounds so different...

Silver Member

Post Number: 185
buying tickets now . It's only 14 bucks! Man, I went to Tool last month, practically cleaned my account for that. lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 597
hahah. Well come get me from PA for it!!!
j/p lol but when are you starting the box?

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1597
tech is the shiit. i met him at burger king a while back too,kind of odd tho, never guessed im meet him there lol.Here in KC, hes damn-near a legend hes a great lyricist and very unique

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1902
i went to his show in st louis. it was crazy, ull love it. plus u get to see alot of tits which is always a positive.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1494
im seein him in st pete the 18th. already got mah tickets.

Silver Member

Post Number: 187
AHHH...
the wife called me away from the computer before I bought tickets.. good thing, I forgot we leave for vegas the 14th. Can't say I'm upset missing the show for vegas.

I'm going to install the h/u and all the rcas + 4channel today I hope.

I need to get a 12v relay for all those amps, I'll have to pick that up and wire it for the remote turn on. I'm going to wait till I replace the speakers to do the sound deadener on the doors, but I'm working in other areas. (which btw I'm not sure what I'm going with. I'm thinking 2 sets of mb quart or focals 6.5 components up front, not sure).

Then (doubt I'll get to it today) I'm going to go to get 5 or 6 sheets of mdf if I'm finished soon enough. Then I'll cut the amp rack for under the bench, it'll hold 1 4k, line driver, and 4channel, and maybe some fuses. I'm seriously debating mounting 1 amp upside down under the seat, but because I'm worried about over heating I might just make a large area under the box to fit the remaining 3... After that I'll start the box. I want to have my electrical done first so I can test the amps I just bought.

I emailed scott about buying the subs, he hasn't emailed back yet and his pm is full. He said I have to email to get the discount soooo... I'm thinking the actual box build will start sat/sunday/monday. I'm sure I'll have to finish it up when I get back th/friday. It wont be a 1 or 2 day box though...

and as far as that camera-that sounds great. My camera sucks, and I'm almost 100% sure it'll be done by the time you get back (build wise). I don't think I'll have all the alternators till next month, and I can't see buying a 2 bracket just to have to buy another.

After talking with dom iraggi he told me I'd have more idling amps with 260a alts than 300, so I'm going with those, but he's very busy, and at 350+ a piece plus mounting bracket I'm going to have to wait at least a few weeks to be able to order them all.

Alarm/rem start turned out great btw, after the tint is done I'll feel much better though. I have to get it done in multiple appointements, because they can't layer them right away.
It'll be worth the effort when its all said and done.
Anyway, have fun up there.

Username: Shluuut

Mo val, California U.S.A

Post Number: 9
is it tech nine with kmk

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1908
yeah tech, kottonmouth, and hed pe.

i thought tech and hed pe was great.

i dont really like kottonmouth but they put on a pretty good live show.

Silver Member

Post Number: 599
"I need to get a 12v relay for all those amps"

hahah i found it funny that you need to use a relay just to get all of your amps to turn on.

"(which btw I'm not sure what I'm going with. I'm thinking 2 sets of mb quart or focals 6.5 components up front, not sure). "

In all reality, i dont think it will make a difference with that kinda bass hahaha they only exist for the intro to those songs lol

"Then (doubt I'll get to it today) I'm going to go to get 5 or 6 sheets of mdf if I'm finished soon enough."

My friend alex told me the other day that home depot is selling sheets for $14 rather than the usual $21-22 at lowes.

"I'm seriously debating mounting 1 amp upside down under the seat, but because I'm worried about over heating I might just make a large area under the box to fit the remaining 3..."

I honestly would NOT mount one of those amps up side down.

"I want to have my electrical done first so I can test the amps I just bought. "

Damnn lol, should have hit me up the day you recieved them.

"I emailed scott about buying the subs, he hasn't emailed back yet and his pm is full."

I'd give him a call as well if you haven't already.

" I don't think I'll have all the alternators till next month, and I can't see buying a 2 bracket just to have to buy another."

What does the bracket cost? My g/f's dad has a badasss $3/4 million CNC machine, and hes a nice guy and would probably let us use it if we got some aluminum.

"Alarm/rem start turned out great btw, after the tint is done I'll feel much better though. I have to get it done in multiple appointements, because they can't layer them right away.
It'll be worth the effort when its all said and done."

Well thats good to hear and hells yeah it will look good when its done.

-Hows the tires comming?
-Hows the batteries comming?

"Anyway, have fun up there."

Thanks man, have fun in Vegas as well.

Silver Member

Post Number: 191
Directly from his email:

Here you go..

220 $339
240 $359
260 $379
280 $399
300 $419

Dual kit. $179
Triple kit. $249
Quad kit. $309

Thanks, Dom

So 249 + 379x3= $1386 in alternators.
I'm Just going to change out the factory one with a 260 for now, then get the bracket and other alts a little later.

Scott got back to me just a bit ago, payed for the subs. I might get to see the shop when I go by that way next week (that'll pretty nice.)

Yeah, as much as I want to I seriously doubt there will be any upside down amps in there for cooling reasons.

If I can give 2 sets about 200rms each up front, and get a small 2 channel for the rear speakers I'll be good. It'll be better than 320rms to 2 sets total.

Amps still aren't in, it took 4-5 days for paypal to clear, so they may or may not get in this week :-(

I just talked to a few people, I'm going to try no relay for now, but if I have any problems I'll get one.

I sold my Yukon yesterday, guy payed cash so I was about to get tires, but I think I'll spend the extra money or alternators for now.
I haven't bought more batteries, I still need 3 more. The guy I was going to buy 2 from sold them locally, so I'm still searching for more to match. I don't want to get a different brand just yet, since I already have some yellows.

There's a comparison of the two...

Upload
3 more will go there, box with a notch in it to fit, and some creative placement of the batteries to get some bolts in the side of those things.
Upload
There's half the amps and some wire.

Upload

I'm starting a build log this week, especially once the equipment comes in.
It's so hot, it's over 100 today.

Silver Member

Post Number: 603
I heard the heat index was around 115 hahha

Silver Member

Post Number: 194
It's insanely hot here. It was over 100F, but the index was right at 115. I got the cd player and 4channel, bare bones of the amp rack and bare bones for the battery rack cut today. A lot of wire to be running in the heat lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1608
well its nice to see you over here on E.
i saw you quite a bit over on SSA forum it didnt hit me who you were till i saw your username was tejcurrent.

anyway i know you were running BTL's a while back, what subs are you gonna use for this next build?

Silver Member

Post Number: 195
I've seen several people here, just didn't put 2 and 2 together as far as screen names :P - good to see someone familiar.

I'll be running 4 btl 18s instead of 2. Love those BTLs, and scott is a real stand up guy.
I was very happy with the 2, but I can hardly sleep at night not knowing what 4 sounds like.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1611
holy chit, that will be crazy. i was kind of suprised at the prices on a dual-alt kit. was expecting much more

good luck on the build and update regularly

Silver Member

Post Number: 606
Pshhh those things suck according to your friends Scoshe meter hahaha.

Silver Member

Post Number: 196
Yeah, right, walmart $20 boomstick FTMFW! lol..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us