Is a jl 10w7 and 500/1 a decent setup?

Username: Matt_uk

Post Number: 3
I know i can get hold of the 10w7 sub and the 500/1 amp for about 340 G.B pounds (680 US dollars) is that a good price brand new, is it worth it and will it sound good?

Bronze Member
Username: Djb0501

Post Number: 24
Thats a good price. It'll sound really good, better than most 10's IMO and will get loud but not THAT loud. I'm running a w7 myself and I love the whole line.

Post Number: 5
someone help me out please

Post Number: 6
daniel, how much loder will the 12 get??

Post Number: 8
daniel, how much loder will the 12 get?? if i changed to the 12 would i need the 1000/1 amp?

Silver Member
Username: Bigharv

Post Number: 282
not a huge difference, if your getting a special deal just on the 10" go ahead and get it, you wont be disappointed.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SOUND SPLINTER RL-S ON...

Post Number: 14721
thats a decent setup but for the price i think its a waste of money.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
The 12 will be louder, but not that much louder. If it were me, i'd run a 12w7 off a 1000/1, but it'll sound fine on a 500/1.

Post Number: 9
im in a bit of competition u see to get the best quality sounding system at an affordable price i have roughly 550 GB pounds (1000USD) to spend on an amp and sub, any recommendations? i'd prefer to stick with jl. does any1 know where in uk i can get jl w7's for an affordable price?

Silver Member

Post Number: 284
for 1000 bucks you could get a lot better system than a JL setup. even though JL is quality, your paying a lot for the name.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
If you want SQ and you're sticking with JL, go with W6s.

Post Number: 10
what would the difference be if i run the 12w7 off a 1000/1 rather than a 500/1?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
Well, the 12w7 is 750 watts RMS, so a 500/1 is slightly underpowering it. It'll sound a little better and get lounder on a 1000/1, but it'll still sound fine on a 500/1.

Silver Member

Post Number: 285
"what would the difference be if i run the 12w7 off a 1000/1 rather than a 500/1?"

Its obviously gonna be louder with 1000/1, more power = louder.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
big harv, im just tryin to understand how much louder it would be from 500/1 to 1000/1. would it be worth it payin that 150-200 dollars more for the 1000/1?

im based in england, u.k you see, if you suggest a set up thats big in the u.s. i might not be able to get hold of it over here in europe.

please suggest any recomendations tho....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Its hard to say "it'll be this much louder and sound that much better," but yeah, it'll be louder on a 1000/1. The only way you could really guage whether its worth it is to hear it run off a 500/1 then hear it on a 1000/1 and decide.

Honestly though, if you're looking for sound quality and want to stick with JL i'd reccommend going with two 10w6s and a 1000/1.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
Optimally a 13w6 with a 1000/1. It depends on how much ou want to spend.

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 969
It's hard to determent how loud it will be. There's a lot of factor car/box/power. I would suggest w7 with a HO box. The box alone will make a world of a different.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Im just light up my......

Post Number: 2599
even though it depends on setup, itll roughly be 3 dbs louder when you double the power... that being said big harv is once again noobin around... of course a 12" sub and double power is gonna be a difference dumbas*s

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6398
Matt, stick to JL 10W7 and 500/1 amp. If you want loud bass, then invest in a HO box for the sub. It'll sound almost 2x louder. I've personally tried it out. Don't let the low wattage numbers fool you.
The bass can get so loud that your ears would almost pop.

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1103
LOL LMFAO Big Feg Harv your such a Noob. I literally laugh every time i read one of your posts. Don't post unless you know what your talking about, which you obviously don't.

Nice post Reece but uh just a heads up you can say dumbass.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us