Sub popping???

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock2000

AA Assassins, MI USA

Post Number: 438
I bought some used infinty 12's and a 801d mtx amp odd ebay(not to say this is why they arent working) and i hooked them up today and then i even turn up the volume to 1 after like 10 seconds of music playing they do a quick POP .... pop like every 3 or 6 seconds and i have to turn the hu off.. i know theres others that have had this problem.. could some1 please help thx

Silver Member

AA Assassins, MI USA

Post Number: 439
i forgot to add.. the subs arent screed into the box yet.. but i dont think that should make it do this

Bronze Member
Username: Sqhoe

Huntington, IN USA

Post Number: 34
Screw them into the box and make sure they are sealed properly. You have nothing to control the cone movement except the suspension otherwise and I suspect you are bottoming the subs out. Do the install the correct way and report back.

Silver Member

AA Assassins, MI USA

Post Number: 440
well still does it... now im worried and i think ill have to test the subs old fashion and hook em up to a battery; anyone else have thoughts?

Bronze Member
Username: Sqhoe

Huntington, IN USA

Post Number: 35
You have to turn the hu off to make the noise stop? Even at lower volume? If so, try isolating the problem by removing the rcas when it is popping. This will tell you if it is amp or hu related. Maybe the amp is giving you fits?

Silver Member

AA Assassins, MI USA

Post Number: 441
well if i take the rcas off.. wouldnt this just stright up give me nothing as in no sound or movemment.. i havent told u something though the hu which i have used in about a few months (a decent sony explode) sometimes doesnt respond to me. like when at first it will take 5 seconds after startup for me to start changing the volume and such.. its never really done this before i dont think.. it was acting up a little but my rear 6 by 9 plays fine all the time so i dont know. its weird

Silver Member

AA Assassins, MI USA

Post Number: 442
which i HAVENT used in a few months
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us